American Theater Magazine

Yankeefan007
#1American Theater Magazine
Posted: 3/19/07 at 8:09pm

Does anyone subscribe to this TCG publication?

I noticed the say they have play texts in their magazines. How often does that occur?

Is it worth it to subscribe?
Updated On: 3/19/07 at 08:09 PM

bryan
#2re: American Theater Magazine
Posted: 3/19/07 at 9:15pm

i buy it it is a great magazine

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#2re: American Theater Magazine
Posted: 3/19/07 at 9:16pm

I have a subscription. It's a nice magazine, and I enjoy it.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#3re: American Theater Magazine
Posted: 3/19/07 at 9:51pm

I want more than 4 issues a year!!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

sidjones09 Profile Photo
sidjones09
#4re: American Theater Magazine
Posted: 3/19/07 at 11:45pm

I don't know how often they publish scripts, but I did buy an edition over a year ago that had August Wilson on the cover, and it had his first edition of Radio Golf in it. I think this was published a little while after his passing.

It seems like a magazine worth subscribing to. I just haven't done it yet.

"If you've got something to say, say it, and think well of yourself while you're learning to say it better." - David Mamet

HarryPotter01 Profile Photo
HarryPotter01
#5re: American Theater Magazine
Posted: 3/20/07 at 12:52am

I get it. There are 10 issues/year, I beleive. One a month during the theatre season, and then they combine the months of June/July and August/September. Wendy Wasserstein's THIRD was in an edition a few months ago. Alright, it was more like a YEAR ago, I guess. But seriously, it's a WONDERFUL magazine. Not JUST for the scripts but because it gives insight into things that are happening all over that you won't receive anywhere else. Examples of this include Op Ed pieces written by Oskar Eustis, who head the NY Public, as well as an editorial on the copyrightability of aspects of a show that have not traditionally been subject to copyrighting, like direction, etc. I would say that, if you can afford it, do it.

#6re: American Theater Magazine
Posted: 3/20/07 at 12:57am

Theatre Arts magazine used to pubish the full script of a play or musical in every issue. I still have several of the scripts filed away.

Were any of subscribers to Max Preeo's Show Music magazine before Goodspeed ran it into the ground?

Videos