pixeltracker

Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording- Page 2

Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#25re: Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording
Posted: 3/27/07 at 7:16pm

My guess is that Footlight may carry it too. They may not stock it for long, but that's where I've gotten the majority of my recordings of the show.

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#26re: Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording
Posted: 3/27/07 at 7:25pm

Thanks for the iTunes tip! It's downloading as we speak and I'm BEYOND excited to listen to it re: Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

chino Profile Photo
chino
#27re: Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording
Posted: 3/27/07 at 7:33pm

Argh its not listed on Footlight! I really want to get the new released ones! My concern is that it may cost me a lot! like $60 or so. Though I got my Les Miz DVD concert in amazon.co.uk for 24 that includes shipping which is relatively cheap. And the site is in french! :) I should have taken french lessons! :)

Lizzie, where is that used CD store you're talking about? I live in Philadelphia and I beleive that we dont have those here. But I am willing to take a trip to NYC if its located there.

And, once again, in iTunes, its available. So go download!

Mother's Younger Brother
#28re: Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording
Posted: 3/27/07 at 7:38pm

If the release date isn't until April 9, Footlight won't have it up yet...at least not until a few days before.

If you can manage somehow to order the new one from amazon.fr, then it's only 16,23 Euros, which is only a little over $21. Not bad at all.

mrcacou Profile Photo
mrcacou
#29re: Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording
Posted: 3/27/07 at 7:43pm

Here is a link to the red french cast that will be released here soon. It'll be indeed the original French concept that includes most of our local singing star at that time as well as a live recording of the Mogador cast. I have seen it 12 times while it was in Paris and really hope to hear the alternate Valjean, Michel Pascal who was really Awesome.
Les Misérables Edition Spéciale

In my heart, I found the answered dream, and in my soul I found the song, and in my friends I found the magic, the love, the moon up above- they were mine, all mine, all along..!

Mother's Younger Brother
#30re: Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording
Posted: 3/27/07 at 7:48pm

Well, that's good that it does seem to have some new material on it (the live portion). BUT, shipping from that site to the U.S. is 25 Euros! Oy.

chino Profile Photo
chino
#31re: Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording
Posted: 3/27/07 at 7:55pm

What! 25 Euro that is too much! I agree, $21 is not bad at all! The 10th Aniversary concert cost me $27!

I just pray that it will appear on amazon.co.uk, but if it won't I have no choice but to order it from amazon.fr. I'll find my way through it.

Its soon though, and I can't wait. So far, for the whole day I've played the entire album for 5 times! It's addicting.

I HAVE TO GET THAT new one!:)

GOD BLESS. :)

mrcacou Profile Photo
mrcacou
#32re: Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording
Posted: 3/27/07 at 8:01pm

If anyone needs help with the French version of Amazon to get it just im me.

I am so excited.

In my heart, I found the answered dream, and in my soul I found the song, and in my friends I found the magic, the love, the moon up above- they were mine, all mine, all along..!

ulkis
#33re: Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording
Posted: 3/27/07 at 8:30pm

I remember looking everywhere for this recording 3 years ago. It was an absolute bitch to find. I remember once it was on e-bay and it went for over $120. I was luckily enough that an aunt of mine had a friend in France who bought it for her, and apparently it was hard to find over there as well.

So I guess anyone's best chance to find the actual packaging should search e-bay once in a while. But yeah, I think this is the best all-around cast.

lesmisforever Profile Photo
lesmisforever
#34re: Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording
Posted: 3/27/07 at 8:40pm

Thanks for the correction! Sorry about that, I fixed it!

And if you don't read French, use an online translator and you'll get the gist on which things you need to fill out and what buttons to press.
When I got it from Amazon.fr, it was around $35 with shipping. DO NOT, DO NOT BUY IT FROM EBAY IF YOU CAN HELP IT. Opportunists will mark up the price and they know fans will buy it if they think they can't get it elsewhere (I learned that the hard way 2 Christmases ago when I bought the Hungarian LP for $215. Yikes, I still can't believe I did that! shortly afterwards everyone was making booties of them though. Not fair). Also I sold my copy for around $50 on ebay a year or so ago (I kept a copy for my private use)

btw I'm female re: Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording

"I have a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"
Updated On: 3/27/07 at 08:40 PM

chino Profile Photo
chino
#35re: Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording
Posted: 3/27/07 at 9:30pm

Wow! $35! I think its about time to start saving! I will definitley get it from amazon.fr

I am excited! So excited.

Thanks for the info. :)
GOD BLESS!

mattrob Profile Photo
mattrob
#36re: Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording
Posted: 5/15/09 at 10:09pm

I just bought this on itunes and I think its amazing but does anyone have a cast list for this production? I was only able to find the Valjean, Javert, Fantine, Marius and Mme Thenardier. I don't need the whole cast but the other principals would be nice. Thanks

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#37re: Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording
Posted: 5/15/09 at 10:16pm

http://www.angelfire.com/pq/lesmis/paris1991.html

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

mattrob Profile Photo
mattrob
#38re: Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording
Posted: 5/15/09 at 10:24pm

Thank you Lizzie!

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#39re: Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording
Posted: 5/16/09 at 12:19pm

Thanks for bringing this back up. I just downloaded it from iTunes and am enjoying it immensely.

Mother's Younger Brother
#40re: Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording
Posted: 2/1/11 at 5:50pm

Boy, this is an old thread!

Does anyone have any information on the "live" Paris recording? Is it indeed different from the original concept and the 1991 recordings?