Anne of Green Gables Reviews

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#1Anne of Green Gables Reviews
Posted: 3/26/07 at 12:17pm

Anyone saw it?

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Spacedog78 Profile Photo
Spacedog78
#2re: Anne of Green Gables Reviews
Posted: 3/26/07 at 12:18pm

I haven't seen it but from looking at the pictures I would say 2 things:

1) The set and costumes are terrible

and

2) Anne is suppose to be 13 NOT 32!!!!!!

broadwaybuff
#2re: Anne of Green Gables Reviews
Posted: 3/26/07 at 12:27pm

I agree. This show doesn't look spectacular from those photos. Marilla doesn't look old enough (and Anne looks tooooo old) and the set (if you can actually call a flowery background a set) looks a little boring.

I look forward to hearing reviews though re: Anne of Green Gables Reviews

muscle23ftl
#3re: Anne of Green Gables Reviews
Posted: 3/26/07 at 4:05pm

Anyone going?

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

broadwayguy2
#4re: Anne of Green Gables Reviews
Posted: 3/26/07 at 4:07pm

I am hoping to go. Just have not planning a date yet. My only reason for going - the divine Jessica Grove.

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#5re: Anne of Green Gables Reviews
Posted: 3/26/07 at 5:58pm

Hah...the set is a bit ridiculous I think. I am sorry, but Prince Edward Island does not have hills covered with Roses or Poppies or whatever those hideous flowers are. I really don't even see a reason to do another musical based on Anne of Green Gables...the original (Canadian re: Anne of Green Gables Reviews ) version is just right.

Akiva

stevenycguy
#6re: Anne of Green Gables Reviews
Posted: 3/27/07 at 12:07am

Where's the link to the "ugly" set? I can't find it at http://www.theatreworksusa.org/Annephotos.cfm

broadwaybuff
#7re: Anne of Green Gables Reviews
Posted: 3/27/07 at 1:09am

They were on the front page of the site, they are probably still there somewhere.

muscle23ftl
#8re: Anne of Green Gables Reviews
Posted: 3/27/07 at 3:13am

I am asking for reviews of people who actually did attend to the show. If I lived in NYC I'd have seen it by now. Very talented cast.

NathanLaneStalker
#9re: Anne of Green Gables Reviews
Posted: 3/27/07 at 5:23am

The sets aren't THAT bad. Compare them to TARZAN's.

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

#10re: Anne of Green Gables Reviews
Posted: 3/27/07 at 7:23am

i want to hear abou Heather MacRae

Videos