pixeltracker

The Jersey Boys Tour Thread- Page 52

The Jersey Boys Tour Thread

mll85
#1275AIDS Walk Update
Posted: 7/16/07 at 4:25am

...I noticed some members of the cast were a little more sun-kissed than I remember.

A few hours in the sun will do that to you. Although I thought it was going be overcast all day when I woke up Sunday morning, but I guess the sun came out when I was out of the city.

I wish I could have gone to Steve's last performance, sucks you couldn't make out some of the other things that were said Lizzie. But I was at yesterday's matinee and the audience had so much energy too, a few of the cast members said that it was one of the best audiences they've had. But I have a feeling that the show you were at is ranked higher. And something I haven't seen happen at the stagedoor for a while, it was crowded and most of the people there weren't regulars but were seeing the show for the first time. Hopefully buzz about the show is growing again.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#1276AIDS Walk Update
Posted: 7/16/07 at 4:34am

I haven't heard such elongated applause after "Walk Like a Man" and "Can't Take..." since the last perf of the Sherry tour. I don't think the house was sold out -- I didn't get to look back; rushed because I prefer to stand in line for hours and hurt my neck and be one of the poor kids who won't shell out $100 and then brag about it -- but you really would never have known it from the crowd noise.

There did seem to be a lot of very minor mistakes -- no, I didn't write them down. AIDS Walk Update But I did remember a few. Most notably, the screens that come down with those white circles on black were COMPLETELY black until they'd actually completely descended, instead of the circles appearing during descent. There was some odd static on the screen when it displayed the coffee pot, too, and some odd echoing mic problem during "Spring" (everything Jeremy said sounded like it was being broadcast in a stadium) but it was fixed within about a minute.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

mll85
#1277AIDS Walk Update
Posted: 7/16/07 at 4:46am

...odd echoing mic problem during "Spring" (everything Jeremy said sounded like it was being broadcast in a stadium) but it was fixed within about a minute.

Sounds like someone at the sound board accidently switched mic settings to the one they use at the end of Dawn. But you reminded me of a few mic problems that happned Saturday. The mics went out for a few seconds in the middle of "Ces Soiree La" And I could tell because you could barely hear them and Lauren had a "somethings wrong here" look in her eyes. And from the moment Bob starts speaking until Pesci enters, Drew's mic had him sounding like you were listening to his voice on a cheap tape recorder. Seems like the mics need some maintinence.
Updated On: 7/16/07 at 04:46 AM

mll85
#1278Michael's Last Night
Posted: 7/16/07 at 5:28am

Well Lizzie gave us a quick account of Steve's last night from an audience POV. Now here's Eric Gutman's account of Michael's last night in LA. Very touching entry.

At the end, he includes some news about the show. He'll be on as Bob this coming Tueaday and Friday. And now he's going understuyding Bob Crewe since Doug is leaving the company. He has great comedic timing and I think he would be a fantastic Crewe. I wish I could see him onstage playing the role.

A Season Is Lost (July 15) Updated On: 7/16/07 at 05:28 AM

MikeMagbaleta Profile Photo
MikeMagbaleta
#1279Michael's Last Night
Posted: 7/16/07 at 1:48pm

Wonder how the LA production went last night, especially if they announced anything with regards to Michael transferring to the Chicago cast.

At the Chicago 7:30 PM show in SF last night, Jarrod Spector made the announcement about Steve's last performance in SF. It was emotional, but Steve played it off great and was so humbled by the applause, then Jeremy mentioned something about "we forgot the December, 1963 reprise", then the finale went as planned. Afterwards at the stage door, my family chatted it up with the cast and took pics with them. About 3/4 of the cast headed out to take Steve out for his last night out with them.

Even though lots of audience members did not know of the switch, the Playbill showed both Michael and Steve as members of the Chicago cast with dates in July (1-15 for Steve/17-31 for Michael). Does that mean that Michael may not stay for the rest of the run?

LizzieCurry
#1280Michael's Last Night
Posted: 7/16/07 at 1:54pm

Oh yeah. Someone (Jeremy?) said, "LET'S DANCE!"

The playbills are for that month only, so that's why the dates are stated the way they are. It's not like Steve started July 1 -- but the playbill did.

MikeMagbaleta
#1281Michael's Last Night
Posted: 7/16/07 at 3:50pm

The entire theatre just exploded after Can't Take My Eyes Off You, after Jarrod's announcement, and then December, 1963 reprise to end Steve's last SF (but not NorCal) appearance, which was extremely satisfying for my family and I because even though the Curran was not full, the crowd's enthusiasm sounded as if the theatre was SRO. Even though we're losing one of the JB "pioneers" from the start, we're receiving back one of the first SF JB's, which is great. Both Steve and Michael really portray Nick's character greatly and honor a very important person in the Four Seasons.

It started by hanging (John Michael approached us after recognizing us from the past SF Bay Area public appearances, and Craig is a buddy of ours introduced to us by a fellow NY based Jersey Boys Blog "Fantastic Fan" - under no circumstances was this a stalking situation.....) with both John Michael Coppola and Craig Laurie, who chatted it up with us and talked about the AIDS Walk earlier in the day, life we missed in the NY/NJ area, upcoming Chicago stuff and catching up with news from the Jersey Boys Blog.

Even better was the photo op that my twin sons had with their favorite B'way actors, the Jersey Boys/Girls. Amazingly, they always make my sons feel welcome at the Curran every time we go, because they remember the twins by name but I always teach my kids to leave it at that, although teenagers get so awestruck when it comes to meeting celebrities. We're just plain fans, they excel at their jobs in entertaining us and we appreciate it. We never force the issue at the stage door unlike some of the fanatics that harass them. If we miss them or if the crowd is too heavy, we'll catch them at the next show.

LizzieCurry
#1282Michael's Last Night
Posted: 7/16/07 at 3:56pm

Were your last two paragraphs supposed to go into this thread?

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#1283JB on Help is on the Way VIII Goes to the Movies
Posted: 7/16/07 at 5:45pm

Mike Magbalenta,

If you want to go to the Gala Fundraiser with the JB, here's a link for a $25 discount. Tickets are normally $175.

Tickets must be purchased by July 20 to get the discount.

http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaid=138774

Ant
Freedom of Speech Advocate!

JB on Help is on the Way VIII Goes to the Movies
Updated On: 7/16/07 at 05:45 PM

MikeMagbaleta
#1284Michael's Last Night
Posted: 7/16/07 at 6:57pm

I was actually typing something to go into the Jersey Boys Blog and got something mixed up...... Whoops.....

MikeMagbaleta
#1285JB on Help is on the Way VIII Goes to the Movies
Posted: 7/16/07 at 7:48pm

Thanks Anthony! I'm going to try to beg and plead for tix to attend the show from either of my two past employers that are 110% active in AIDS prevention and treatment events. Since I have friends in their marketing depts., I hope to purchase discounted tix from them. It's going to an excellent cause anyways.....

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#1286JB on Help is on the Way VIII Goes to the Movies
Posted: 7/16/07 at 9:04pm

Please share any sites or discount codes if you find it cheaper in any other places :P

mll85
LizzieCurry
#1288Forgot to mention
Posted: 7/17/07 at 12:48am

Since when do the two girls on Jeremy's lap KISS EACH OTHER during "Oh, What A Night"?! Forgot to mention

mll85
#1289Forgot to mention
Posted: 7/17/07 at 12:51am

As far as I know, since the Saturday matinee. I had the "Did they always do that" kind of reaction because I swear if they did I would have remembered. But it looked like Jeremy was about to lean in and make it a triple kiss.
Updated On: 7/17/07 at 12:51 AM

LizzieCurry
#1290Forgot to mention
Posted: 7/17/07 at 12:54am

I had the same reaction and thought the same thing about Jeremy, too. Forgot to mention

mll85
#1291Forgot to mention
Posted: 7/17/07 at 1:06am

When it comes to that scene, I think the girls from this cast are more uninhibited compared to the girls in the last cast. I don't remember one of the party girls shaking her chest when Nick announces that Bob is getting some action in the last cast. But let's hope Jenny has some double stick tape on during that scene because a wardrobe malfunction could happen. Updated On: 7/17/07 at 01:06 AM

LizzieCurry
#1292Forgot to mention
Posted: 7/17/07 at 2:09am

LOL, I saw your reply BEFORE you made it PG. Forgot to mention

Welcome back to SF, Michael Ingersoll! In commemoration, I'm going to link to new photos he put up...
https://web.mac.com/ingersoll/iWeb/michael/StageDoor.html

mll85
#1293Happy Birthday CKJ
Posted: 7/17/07 at 2:28am

I figured I should change it.

So I was looking at cast members's websites to see if they updated stuff. And reading Chris' bio, realized his birthday is tomorrow (7/17). So send a birthday shout out to Chris.

Updated On: 7/17/07 at 02:28 AM

MikeMagbaleta
#1294Happy Birthday CKJ
Posted: 7/17/07 at 3:30pm

Happy Birthday to Chris Jones and welcome back to Michael Ingersoll!

Will definitely see Chris in Sacramento in Sept. and Michael on the 16th and 19th of August at the Curran, to see him reunite again with Jarrod and also watch him perform with John Michael Dias.

Gotta love those cast changes and switches!

LizzieCurry
#1295Happy Birthday CKJ
Posted: 7/17/07 at 3:36pm

http://www.myspace.com/chris_kale_jones_fans

:)

mll85
#1296BWW coverage of Team Jersey Boys at AIDS Walk
Posted: 7/17/07 at 3:59pm

Nice little article and some great photos.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=20045

I wish there was a clip of they said at the opening ceremony.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#1297BWW coverage of Team Jersey Boys at AIDS Walk
Posted: 7/17/07 at 4:05pm

I want one of those Walk Like a Man shirts!

shesamarshmallow
#1298BWW coverage of Team Jersey Boys at AIDS Walk
Posted: 7/17/07 at 4:06pm

Me too, elphie!

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

MikeMagbaleta
#1299BWW coverage of Team Jersey Boys at AIDS Walk
Posted: 7/17/07 at 6:28pm

I have given my "Walk Like a Man" shirt to a friend living in New York for his birthday. I really thought they would sell the shirts at the Curran Theatre for fundraising before the AIDS Walk..... It would have rivaled the BC/EFA Easter benefit, but the main thing was that the team beat their online goal.

Videos