News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Martin Short Live at The Times Square Virgin Megastore

Martin Short Live at The Times Square Virgin Megastore

sh-k-Zan Profile Photo
sh-k-Zan
#1Martin Short Live at The Times Square Virgin Megastore
Posted: 4/6/07 at 4:06pm

*LIVE AT TIMES SQUARE VIRGIN MEGASTORE THIS TUESDAY*

IN-STORE PERFORMANCE AND SIGNING!

Come meet Martin Short, Marc Shaiman and cast at the Times Square Virgin Megastore as they perform songs and celebrate the release of their hilarious new album!

Purchase the new CD at the Times Square location only to receive a wristband to gain access to the event. Time and Space are limited, so please arrive early!

WHEN: This Tuesday, April 10th at 7:30 PM
WHERE: Times Square Virgin Megastore
1540 Broadway at 45th Street, Level 2, New York, NY 10036

ALBUM RELEASES APRIL 10th!

Without ME its just AWESO!

sh-k-Zan Profile Photo
sh-k-Zan
#2re: Martin Short Live at The Times Square Virgin Megastore
Posted: 4/9/07 at 10:09am

bumpity bump

Yankeefan007
#2re: Martin Short Live at The Times Square Virgin Megastore
Posted: 4/9/07 at 10:11am

Are they doing a signing, as well?

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#3re: Martin Short Live at The Times Square Virgin Megastore
Posted: 4/9/07 at 10:47am

He was great on (replacement co-host here) and Kelly today. I'd rather have him than Regis.

sh-k-Zan Profile Photo
sh-k-Zan
#4re: Martin Short Live at The Times Square Virgin Megastore
Posted: 4/9/07 at 11:13am

yup there will be a signing

sh-k-Zan Profile Photo
sh-k-Zan
#5re: Martin Short Live at The Times Square Virgin Megastore
Posted: 4/10/07 at 10:26am

one more bump for good measure

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#6re: Martin Short Live at The Times Square Virgin Megastore
Posted: 4/10/07 at 10:37am

so if I bought the cd online already I can't just bring it to get signed?

RENTingFAME Profile Photo
RENTingFAME
#7re: Martin Short Live at The Times Square Virgin Megastore
Posted: 4/10/07 at 10:55am

sure you can... I've done that at book signings. If you can tell him how much you love it already, he may be impressed - I went to a book signing for Without You (in Chicago, which was the first one) and as the book had just come out yesterday, he was really impressed and pleased to hear I had read it already. Martin Short is cool. Just go and have fun and don't worry about it.

Measure your life in love, RENTheads, and keep it always in your heart.

Avatar: Me with Al Larson, Jonathan Larson's father.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#8re: Martin Short Live at The Times Square Virgin Megastore
Posted: 4/10/07 at 11:42am

No you can't. You have to buy the item at Virgin on the day of for any signing at Virgin. You could buy it there today, get the one you already own signed and then return the one you bought. That might work.

SCBWannabe Profile Photo
SCBWannabe
#9re: Martin Short Live at The Times Square Virgin Megastore
Posted: 4/11/07 at 2:46pm

Did anyone go? How was it?

Josh Freilich
#10re: Martin Short Live at The Times Square Virgin Megastore
Posted: 4/11/07 at 7:03pm

I went. I met the cast about an hour before, during soundchecks, and they were so nice. Martin noticed me singing along, and then embarrassed me (in a good way). Funny, because they cracked up during "Big T****s" during the "Gay marriage" lyric, because they forgot the words. They stopped for a sec, and Mary Birdsong yelled out my name in hopes that I would feed them the words. Alas, I was too slow. After a few seconds, Marty remembers: "Gay marriage means you've got two pals/But what if they were gals?" And then the number picks up immediately It was so entertaining. Everyone in the cast was so nice, but I'm just sad I didn't get to see Capathia. I worked with her before when we were doing a vocal scholarship audition at a school, and she was so nice. I never saw her once after a single show.

But everyone was so nice. I told Marty I saw it with Gilbert Gottfried and Molly Shannon as guests. He replied "Those were two good people to get." I said to him that Gottfried was the best guest I've scene because he improvised really funny answers to his questions. Mary Birdsong said to me after they signed mine "I don't know how it would be like this without you. We are all so glad you came." I was flattered. It was delighting!!! :)

Sidenote: Before he sang "Step Brother To Jesus," he said it was a tribute to GODSPELL, a show he was in when he was younger. Then he mentioned that Victor Garber was in the audience. I'm like WHOA he's gotta be kidding me, and THERE HE IS, RIGHT BEHIND ME with a delighted smile on his face!

"How could she just suddenly, completely disappear into thin water?" - The Little Mermaid

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#11re: Martin Short Live at The Times Square Virgin Megastore
Posted: 4/11/07 at 7:49pm

aww it sounds like you had wicked fun at the signing! :) if i'd have been in NY i woulda went. then i coulda gotten my Playbill signed. heh

Videos