pixeltracker

anyone else's "Night Music" DVD delayed?

anyone else's "Night Music" DVD delayed?

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#1anyone else's "Night Music" DVD delayed?
Posted: 6/7/07 at 8:43am

Is it my Amazon account, or is anyone else experiencing delays? Both my 110 CD and my NIGHT MUSIC DVD are now being shipped two weeks later.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

AuditioningWaitress
#2re: anyone else's 'Night Music' DVD delayed?
Posted: 6/7/07 at 9:07am

I ordered mine from Footlight and got it Wednesday, so I know it's out.

BTW, it says it's WIDESCREEN, but it's a very crappy Widescreen...Almost Full Screen.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#2re: anyone else's 'Night Music' DVD delayed?
Posted: 6/7/07 at 9:19am

The other board commentary suggested that at least the print is drastically improved over the VHS, which was green-tinged. Even though there are flaws, and the print slightly washed out, the color is true(er) and the image sharper. And the sound is clear, if not sterero--shockingly, it was not recorded in Dolby.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

SorryGrateful
#3re: anyone else's 'Night Music' DVD delayed?
Posted: 6/7/07 at 9:54am

It's out already!? Eeeeeeee!

You promised me poems. ~Tricky

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#4re: anyone else's 'Night Music' DVD delayed?
Posted: 6/7/07 at 12:11pm

Yep, mine's delayed from Amazon too. What a bummer.

#5re: anyone else's 'Night Music' DVD delayed?
Posted: 6/7/07 at 6:14pm

Mine is too.

As for Weidescreen--the filmw as financed by Corman's New World pictures--CHEAP CHEAP stuff, I bet it was filmed basically full frame so this is prob the truest aspect ratio we could get...

Auggie don't be surprised it wasn't stereo--the soundtrack album was but not the film itself. Again this was a budget release--besides which as was discussed here before at that time it was rare for films to be released in stereo--stereo was big for roadhouse, fancy showings of certain films in the 60s but kinda fell out of favour in the 70s (Cabaret was released mono--the DVD is a remix) until that started to change with Star Wars (Still even in 1980 a big studio movie like Dressed to Kill was released mono)