Jesus Christ Superstar

J LA
#25re: Jesus Christ Superstar
Posted: 6/14/07 at 7:24pm

PBENT, I agree, Carter's role with the Aliens is public no question. However, the post by Tinkerbell was strickly regarding his performance in JCS. What was the purpose of your link to the Oxford story? You could have simply expressed your opinion whatever it was and left it at that.
It seems like every thread that involves Glenn Carter has to turn nasty....I believer Tinkerbell even requested that people who like him should post. Apparently no one likes to follow directions.

Jayla

PB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
#26re: Jesus Christ Superstar
Posted: 6/14/07 at 9:34pm

In all due respect, this is a public forum to discuss theater topics. People are entitled to post their opinions about theater folk. That includes what takes place in their highly public life. I am not in the habit of posting slander, hearsay or damaging, personal information, regardless if I know it's factual.

Posters here have no control or right for that matter to direct how a conversation should unfold. It's called a discussion. Besides, I have NO opinion as to Carter's involvement with the Raelians....just on his rendition of Jesus.

So, please don't belabor the fact that I shared publized facts about an artist. It's my option and I chose to exercise it.

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"
Updated On: 6/14/07 at 09:34 PM

Gelfling Profile Photo
Gelfling
#27re: Jesus Christ Superstar
Posted: 6/15/07 at 4:46am

rotfl... yet another newbie thread gone to hell really really fast... makes you wonder why we have a bad reputation! lol

Tink, don't take it personally. This board is very large and most days you'll find that people with downright opposite opinions post in the same thread. Doesn't always turn into a cat fight, sometimes it does turn into a cat massacre (oops, sorry ALW re: Jesus Christ Superstar) but there is no way to open a "fan-only" thread here... which make for a more interesting discussion if you can keep your sense of humor and regard the posts for what they are: opinions.

As for The Raelians... it's bound to be mentioned for a guy who plays Jesus as Raelians, as most all encompassing New Age cults are no bigots and do believe that Jesus was a half breed... born of an Earth woman and one of the "Elohim" (the little Green Men)... well... we all know those Earth Girls are easy...

"What book of rules says that theatre exists only within some ugly buildings crowded into one square-mile of New York City? Wherever there's magic and make-believe and an audience, there's theatre..."

avab802 Profile Photo
avab802
#28re: Jesus Christ Superstar
Posted: 6/15/07 at 9:23am

I wasn't a fan of the latest Broadway production of JCS in general. I can't even remember anything specific about Carter's Jesus, so that says something right there. Tony Vincent as Judas was probably the best part of that production, if only for his voice.

I saw Ted Neely on tour back in 1996, I think it was, and really enjoyed him. I also had the pleasure of meeting him afterwards and he is a very nice man.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#29re: Jesus Christ Superstar
Posted: 6/15/07 at 9:58am

arggggggh Ted Neeley is bloody awful, screeching vocals through Gethsemane, he made me want to eat my own head.

Of course i only watched him on the farewell tour and he was 176 when i watched him.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna