pixeltracker

Smallville's Luthor Is a Winner as Drowsy's Loser

Smallville's Luthor Is a Winner as Drowsy's Loser

BROADWAYFAN3
#1Smallville's Luthor Is a Winner as Drowsy's Loser
Posted: 6/25/07 at 1:44pm

John Glover: Smallville's Luthor Is a Winner as Drowsy's Loser

Smallville's John Glover now narrates The Drowsy Chaperone.
On the CW's Smallville, John Glover plays the scheming and sexy Lionel Luthor. But this summer he's taking a break from channeling a businessman who wants to take over the world by portraying a lovable loser who can barely make it out of his apartment: the nameless Man in Chair, aka the narrator of the delightful Broadway musical spoof The Drowsy Chaperone. A veteran character actor who honed his skills on stage, Glover has remained active in the theater, despite his busy film and TV schedule. But his turn in Drowsy marks the first time he has graced the Great White Way in over a decade. The actor chatted with TVGuide.com about his return to Broadway, his small-screen success and why he's so good at playing bad.

Find this article at:
http://www.tvguide.com/news/070621-02

© TV Guide Online, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See what's free at AOL.com.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#2re: Smallville's Luthor Is a Winner as Drowsy's Loser
Posted: 6/25/07 at 1:47pm

I really enjoy his take on Man in Chair. He's not Bob, but he makes the character his own. :)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

DrMark Profile Photo
DrMark
#2re: Smallville's Luthor Is a Winner as Drowsy's Loser
Posted: 6/25/07 at 2:13pm

BROADWAYFAN3, thanks for posting this link. I'm a big fan of "Smallville." I'm planning a trip to NYC, August 1-5, and I hope to get to see "The Drowsy Chaperone" then. Hopefully, Mr. Glover will still be in the chair!

Videos