pixeltracker

Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?- Page 3

Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#50re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 3:08am

OoO... itunes has three bonus tracks. "The Storm", "My Queen" and "Son of the Irish Seas". Are those new songs? "The Storm" is the only one listed on ibdb. Where do they fit in?
Updated On: 7/3/07 at 03:08 AM

Julian2
#51re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 3:46am

Is it on iTunes? I can't find it.

Oh there it is, you have to search in all caps.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!
Updated On: 7/3/07 at 03:46 AM

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#52re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 3:57am

CATSNYrevival - "My Queen" (also called "Ever My Queen" or something like that) was a soliloquy Lord Bingham sang in early drafts in the place where the scene (which is not on the CD) "Go Serve Your Queen" resided.

"Son of the Irish Seas" was originally sung at the top of Act II in celebration of the birth of Eoin. Unfortunately they put it on the CD, showing that Schönberg was capable of writing an exciting and catchy Irish song; they were just cut out of town in favor of a reprise of the strikingly bland title song.

ETA: "The Storm" is an instrumental of the music played during the storm near the beginning of Act I. During that whole section that could have been cut and sung about in about a verse. Yeah, that part.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/
Updated On: 7/3/07 at 03:57 AM

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#53re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 2:45pm

Bumping 'cause this got bumped too far down last night :P

-Benjamin

Yankeefan007
#54re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 2:49pm

Who wants to send it to me?

Any takers, shoot me a PM.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#55re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 2:51pm

Support the art-nevermind.

-Benjamin
Updated On: 7/3/07 at 02:51 PM

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#56re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 2:59pm

I just got an e-mail from Best Buy telling me the CD is Backordered!! I really want to get this soon!! I'm so sad because it didn't say backordered when I ordered it on Friday, how they just discovered it today is beyond me. re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#57re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 3:00pm

and what is this ar-nvm that you want us to support?

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

ashley0139
#58re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 3:02pm

I think it sounds great. I especially love Woman and I'll Be There and She Who Has All. Yay for the cd!

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#59re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 3:06pm

Edited to be clearer re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?

-Benjamin

wickedmenzel318 Profile Photo
wickedmenzel318
#60re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 4:55pm

has anyone noticed that some of the lyrics in the cd booklet do not match what the performers are singing. I just found that really weird

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#61re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 5:04pm

Thanks B3, I was thinking "well I might support that, if I knew what it was."

Anyway, now that I know that my CD is backordered I am trying to decide if I should get it off of iTunes, especially since they have those bonus songs. But I already paid for the CD, and I don't want to pay another 9.99 to get it. I would still get the one from Best Buy, because I collect the cast albums from shows I have seen, or want to see. This is such a dilema!! re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#62re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 5:08pm

But now that i'm thinking about it i'm going to go see transformers tonight :) so after that I will not have enough money to order off of iTunes, so I guess I kind-of solved my dilema for myself :)

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#63re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/4/07 at 12:49pm

Question: what was the song on the TV commercial? It was catchy, but I can't remember what it was. I want to listen to it.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 7/4/07 at 12:49 PM

Yankeefan007
#64re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/4/07 at 12:53pm

The Prologue and either The Wedding or The Christening.

And the song that Stephanie sang everywhere was called Woman.

This CD is, to quote a great philosopher, hella-bad. Well produced, yes, but the content is just...hella-bad.

luvtheEmcee
#65re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/4/07 at 12:56pm

The Wedding was on the Castcom, I definitely remember that -- but it was in the commercial, too? I love the ending of that; it's fun.

I'm so excited to re-visit the bad lyrics! But to be fair, I did like a few of the songs. I'll Be There is really pretty.

Yankeefan007
#66re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/4/07 at 12:57pm

I'm a sucker for Irish stepdancing, which is why I enjoy the instrumentals.

Most everything else is....pretty much crap.
Updated On: 7/4/07 at 12:57 PM

luvtheEmcee
#67re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/4/07 at 12:58pm

Meeeeee too.

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#68re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/4/07 at 2:23pm

My Cd hasn't come yet, so I had to go out and make sure my mom got a copy :) ie. I bought another one, and put it on my itunes and gave it to my mom....lol

Should I buy those bonus tracks? oddly they sound like nothing I've heard before and I saw the show 4 times in Chicago and once in NYC....

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#69re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/4/07 at 2:29pm

I'm listening to it now and there's a lot of good and yet, there's a lot of bad. Very bad. But I really enjoy "Woman" and "The Wedding". I think the music is pretty but some of the lyrics are just awkward.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#70re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/4/07 at 2:47pm

I never saw the show so I'm only going by the CD when I say this, but it's sad that I'm usually very critical of lyrics and while I will admit that there are some bad lyrics here there are not so many that it bothers me to listen to. I enjoy pretty much every song on the CD. My only complaint is that the opening number opens very abruptly and it would have been nice for them to have included some connective dialogue, but other then that I'm pretty happy with the CD. I tend to like "bad" shows though.

StephanietheStar
#71re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/4/07 at 3:23pm

As someone who is really familiar with the original lyrics in Chicago, I am a little disappointed in some of the changes.

I think the changes made to "If I said I loved You" are about the only ones I don't find a bit clunky. I think some of the changes to "Here on this Night" are really successful (like the "if we can't say it to the crowd we'll just declare it to the sky!" I love that!) I miss the Ceol Ne Mara (instead of "The Pirate Queen"), especially Steph's sections that were cut (like "they'll be shaking in their fancy English boots!", "I want to see what lay beyond this little bay, please father I want to see the world!") and the really overarticulated part of the song that the pirates sing/speak that are still in the show (I think) that left off the recording. and the changes to the bridge of "I'll Be There" I feel like Hadley has to rush to sing them all in a short amount of music.

For those who are curious the original "I'll Be There" Bridge is like this:
Go if that's what you want be a wife if that pleases you
In his arms may you know half the joy we have known
May his kiss keep you warm when my memory freezes you
Worry not for me I'll be fine on my own.

Now it's:
Go and marry a man you don't love if that pleases you
Throw away, for a cause all the joys we have known
I thought love's more than faith, more than clan, more than anything
let his kiss keep you warm I'l be fine on my own

(maybe it's just me, I like the original better)

I almost feel like they were so pressured to change the show they changed everything they could including some of the wrong things....so many of the lyrics I found beautiful and while I still love the music/lyrics some of them were not changed for the better. :/

The show could have been much better if people had just given it a chance, I think. It's got some beautiful moments.

Oh and also, I'm really sad it's not a complete recording (though we all knew it wouldn't be)....I keep thinking of the little moments that are cut, or left out.

StephanietheStar
#72re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/4/07 at 3:25pm

Oh yeah, and "Surrender" used to be compeletly different lyric wise, and a soliliquoy not to Lord Bingham as it is now. I thought it worked really well, but the way it originally played out was so heartbreakingly beautiful.

luvtheEmcee
#73re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/4/07 at 3:27pm

The show could have been much better if people had just given it a chance, I think. It's got some beautiful moments.

No, the show could have been much better if it didn't have the appearance of being fast-tracked to Broadway before it was actually ready -- not if people had given it a chance. More people going to see the show would not have changed the fact that it was a wreck. The stage in which it ended up on Broadway should NOT have been the final product. It should have been the middle of the development process. Sitting in a seat neither turns back time nor edits material. I think it was a good idea for a musical and could have been good, but people giving it a chance would not have been the way to make it better. That's not only ridiculous, it's literally impossible. It's not as though more people seeing it would have made it magically get better.

Updated On: 7/4/07 at 03:27 PM

commasplice
#74re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
Posted: 7/4/07 at 3:29pm

Hear hear! You said it perfectly, Emcee. Updated On: 7/4/07 at 03:29 PM

Videos