The Walter Kerr's seating...

zacwac08 Profile Photo
zacwac08
#1The Walter Kerr's seating...
Posted: 7/5/07 at 6:34pm

My early graduation present to New York just happened to coincide with the closing of Grey Gardens and I am ecstatic to see the final show! However, I don't know which seats I should buy. Would I be better off in the left orchestra row Q or the mezzanine row F?

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#2re: The Walter Kerr's seating...
Posted: 7/5/07 at 6:36pm

My only complaint with being in the back of the orchestra was that near the end of the show (namely during the f***ing scene after "Another Winter"), the ushers and employees of the theatre were shuffling around getting the merchandise stand and bar ready. GRR.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

zacwac08 Profile Photo
zacwac08
#2re: The Walter Kerr's seating...
Posted: 7/5/07 at 6:39pm

Is the view okay?

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#3re: The Walter Kerr's seating...
Posted: 7/5/07 at 6:41pm

Uh the Mezz/balc obviously keeps you from seeing the proscenium and the top of the set, but you could definitely see everything you needed to. It wasn't distracting.

-Benjamin

zacwac08 Profile Photo
zacwac08
#4re: The Walter Kerr's seating...
Posted: 7/5/07 at 6:46pm

What about in the orchestra?

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#5re: The Walter Kerr's seating...
Posted: 7/5/07 at 6:48pm

The pit? IDK I usually don't run down and look in there.

-Benjamin

nyc44
#6re: The Walter Kerr's seating...
Posted: 7/5/07 at 9:11pm

The orchestra is very concealed and basically all anyone can see is the top of the conductor so don't worry about that.

Bwayfan4
#7re: The Walter Kerr's seating...
Posted: 7/5/07 at 10:24pm

Mezzanine tickets are fine as well. I was just there on Wednesday and sat in the last row of the mezzanine...my seats were fine.

altoid06 Profile Photo
altoid06
#8re: The Walter Kerr's seating...
Posted: 7/5/07 at 10:27pm

We managed to get tickets for Grey Gardens at the TKTS the week after the Tonys (which was no easy task, unless you wanted partial-view) Anyhoo, the seats we ended up with were Row J in the Mezzanine (the last row) and they were still good seats. The Walter Kerr is a small theatre and I can't imagine any seat being bad.

I hope you enjoy the show and whichever seats you pick! re: The Walter Kerr's seating...

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." -- Maya Angelou

zacwac08 Profile Photo
zacwac08
#9re: The Walter Kerr's seating...
Posted: 7/5/07 at 10:49pm

Thanks for all of the responses. I think I'm going to go with the orchestra.

P.S. I was just rereading the thread and realized that you thought I meant orchestra as in where the musicians play. I meant orchestra seating. I was wondering why your responses seemed a little puzzling.
Updated On: 7/6/07 at 10:49 PM

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#10re: The Walter Kerr's seating...
Posted: 7/5/07 at 11:25pm

Yeah, I'd go with the orchestra, especially if its your first time seeing the show
Never really carried for the Mezz of the Walter Kerr...

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

Videos