News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nyc44

nyc44 Profile Photo
Member Name: nyc44
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Alice Ripley Tattoo?  Apr 13 2009, 04:33:58 PM
I asked her what it was and this was her reply:

"The character for qi (chi) in Zhengkai (Chinese).

Direct translation is "vital energy".

Also known as "The Force".

Here's an informative site:

http://www.buqi.net/en/articles/chi.htm

I got this tattoo on Maui, Hawaii, in 1996.

Cheers, AR"

So there you go!

re: St James Theatre Balcony for Gypsy  Nov 8 2008, 05:25:15 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but how is the last row of the mezzanine? And how is it compared to first row of the balcony? Thanks so much!
re: Robert Reviews ALL MY SONS  Sep 21 2008, 08:30:34 AM
I'm also curious about student rush
re: Flea Market 2008  Sep 21 2008, 07:45:44 AM
There's one autograph time slot that I would like to participate in and I don't want to buy the event poster this year so would it be rude/awkward not to go to everyone at the table in that time slot?? I didn't do it last year, so I'm not sure. Thank you!
re: BC/EFA Spring Donations  Apr 25 2008, 07:04:03 PM
thanks so much--I'll be doing it tomorrow night
re: BC/EFA Spring Donations  Apr 25 2008, 05:17:13 PM
My apologies if this is an obvious question, but I really don't know. I went to Gypsy a few weeks ago, and they weren't selling the signed posters. Now that they are, I desperately would like to buy one, but is there any way too if I am not seeing the show? After the show lets out/before it starts can I slip in to buy one? Thank you!
re: Favorite BOOK from a musical  Feb 26 2008, 07:13:40 AM
I love love love Company's book infinitely more than the music.
re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List  Dec 30 2007, 12:55:00 PM
The code didn't work for me either. I was a bit disappointed, but I got tickets for the back of the mezz. *shrug*
re: Broadway Celebrity Sightings  Nov 17 2007, 06:58:57 PM
I could have sworn we had a more current thread on this topic but I couldn't find it searching so I'm reviving this one. I was wondering if anyone was at the matinee of Xanadu today because I could have sworn Carrie Underwood was sitting in the center section onstage. Or am I just crazy?
re: Idina Menzel on iTunes!!!  Nov 7 2007, 06:50:17 PM
Not gonna lie, I totally downloaded it (and love it)
re: Broadway Musical Category on Jeopardy NOW  Nov 6 2007, 07:38:21 PM
Oh I missed it. What were the questions if anyone remembers?
re: nicest b'way actor  Aug 28 2007, 08:22:23 AM
Beth Leavel and Jon Groff
re: BC/EFA Flea Market 9/23/07  Aug 25 2007, 09:37:51 AM
I have a question for people who've been before. When you pay for a picture with someone, does someone take it with a polaroid or can you take it with your digital? If you can do it on your own, does the person with the camera (ex. my mom) have to pay to go on line with you also? Thanks!
re: Broadway on Broadway  Aug 20 2007, 11:37:15 AM
Do you think that the "special VIP area located near the stage" for fans dressed up is the area right in front of the stage where so many people (including me) arrive four hours early to stand? I hope not because I don't plan to dress up.
re: beth leavel questions  Aug 2 2007, 08:28:21 AM
I think I heard she was going on vacation this month. Does anyone know the exact dates? Thanks!
re: What Should Be Next for Nikki Blonsky??  Jul 26 2007, 04:49:13 PM
I agree with what rgaywrites said. It will be extremely difficult if not impossible to have a huge career in hollywood with the way she looks wight now. And I'm sure the blockbuster movie roles she does get will only be supporting. I could see her however doing a few made-for-tv movies. Also, I'm surprised this thread has turned into a debate about weight and health because really, what's most important is how she looks. Nikki's already proved she's at least fairly healthy from her dancing anyw
re: Broadway on Broadway  Jul 26 2007, 04:32:17 PM
I've only gone the last two years and get there around 7:15am. I've gotten really close, really great spots both times. I think as long as you make sure you're in the front section you can push yourself anywhere you want to be really.
re: Listen to the CD or See the Show First?  Jul 26 2007, 04:28:38 PM
I wish I had the self-discipline to see a show without knowing everything about it first. *sigh*
re: GREY GARDENS closes in 6 days :(  Jul 23 2007, 06:39:49 PM
"It's the most disgusting, atrocious thing EVER to happen in America!"

someone beat me. *sigh*

This is so sad.

re: bernadette peters  Jul 23 2007, 06:37:32 PM
"Does she know you're broadcasting your invitation to her party at a fan site?"

What's the big deal? He's not passing out her address and inviting people to tag along.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You