News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dirty_Rotten_Guy

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Member Name: Dirty_Rotten_Guy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

TIME STANDS STILL or RACE?
 Jan 12 2010, 07:11:13 PM
Alright, I know you guys aren't too big of fans of these types of threads, but I'm really torn if I should see TIME STANDS STILL or RACE next week when I'm in the city. I've read mixed reviews both on this board and elsewhere online for each of these plays, yet both of them sound equally intriguing to me. I'm seeing A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE next Friday night, and only have the time and money to see one more play on Sautrday night.
And yes, I've already seen NEXT TO NORMAL for all of you that

9 to 5 closing date?
 Jun 4 2009, 10:51:45 PM
Ok, well I'm not the type of guy that means to start speculative rumors, but I saw an interesting tidbit in the Delta Sky magazine today.

The focus of the magazine is on New York, and there was a section entitled "Broadway: Hollywood Hits the Stage" which listed a select 5 or 8 shows on Broadway right now.

In the paragraph about 9 to 5, it read: "Allison Janney stars in this adaption of the 1980 film. Music/lyrics by Dolly Parton. Marquis Theatre, through January 3, 2010."

re: 13 or PAL JOEY?
 Dec 23 2008, 11:12:17 PM
Ok, well i ended up going with the suggestion to see BOEING BOEING, and I am sure as hell glad I did! Probably my favorite show I've seen this trip, with THE 39 STEPS in a very, very close second. I'll give a full review later, but I ended up buying a $20 box seat. I had the one closest to the stage, and the view SUUUCKED. Very obstructed. But I moved down to the last row of the orchestra during intermission, so it was all good. =] Definitely wish I had seen this show earlier, its really too bad
re: 13 or PAL JOEY?
 Dec 23 2008, 06:33:04 AM
Oh no worries, I've already seen GYPSY, AUGUST, SPRING AWAKENING, and IN THE HEIGHTS on previous trips (and if all else fails, I'll just go see AUGUST again because its definitely the best show I've ever seen). My family tried for BILLY ELLIOTT for tickets and couldn't get any. And I was considering BOEING BOEING, but the cheapest ticket was for $36 in the back of the balcony, so I wasn't too sure if the seat would be worth the extra money...

I was also thinking ALL MY SONS...any other

13 or PAL JOEY?
 Dec 23 2008, 12:53:19 AM
Hey everybody!

I'm just in New York with my family right now, seen some fantastic shows so far! SPEED-THE-PLOW, THE 39 STEPS, SHREK THE MUSICAL, WHITE CHRISTMAS, and just saw EQUUS this evening.
(I would have to say, THE 39 STEPS has been my favorite show so far, if you haven't seen it yet you definitely should). We also have plans to hopefully see LIZA on Wednesday.

Anyways, I want to rush a show for tomorrow evening, and its pretty much down to either 13 or PAL JOEY. I kn

Boeing Boeing or The 39 Steps?
 May 22 2008, 04:18:01 PM
Hey everybody
My family and I are going to New York the third week of June.
I'm going to be seeing a few shows just on my own (such as PASSING STRANGE, CRY-BABY, A CATERED AFFAIR, etc.), but my family is going to see 2 shows all together.
We already have tickets for AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY which I am extremely excited about, you have no idea! =]
So yeah, I'm just wondering which other show you guys recommend we should see- BOEING BOEING or THE 39 STEPS?
It really doesn't matter

re: OCC Nominations Announced
 Apr 21 2008, 09:15:21 PM
im surprised that no one mentioned this, but I'm pretty mad about not nomination for Anika Noni Rose for CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF.

if James Earl Jones could get a nomination for it (who was certainly my least favorite part of the show), i would think that they would at least give Anika a nomination. she was the best reviewed person in the production, after all, and for me was definitely the best part of CAT by far.

shame.

re: Thoughts on Shows (March 6-9, 2008): SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE
 Mar 8 2008, 09:41:37 AM
Oh yeah, I just wanted to mention that SOUTH PACIFIC had real fantasic merchandise, for those interested! They had some sweaters, like 5 or 6 different shirts, and you know, mugs, keychains, etc. My dad got a really cool red Bali Ha'i t-shirt, and I got my girlfriend a real nice babydoll shirt that says "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outa My Hair" with a shampoo bottle and bubbles and stuff. Kind of funny, considering its from me, haha.
As for SUNDAY, they had quite a bit of merchandise, to

re: A Joanne That Would Give Stritch a Run for Her Money
 Mar 8 2008, 09:30:35 AM
I would like to see Donna Murphy, quite actually.
re: Thoughts on Shows (March 6-9, 2008): SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE
 Mar 8 2008, 09:25:49 AM
Wow, thank you everyone for all of your thoughts! I guess I seem to be quite the loner in the orgy of praise for SUNDAY, but that's all good =)

So anyways, last night I had the oppertunity to see SOUTH PACIFIC at Lincoln Center, or even more specificially, the Vivan Beaumont Theatre. My parents and I sat in Row D (which is the 2nd Row) on the farthest left you could get, haha. I think these seats were pretty good- I mean we got them only about a month ago, and they were about as good a

Thoughts on Shows (March 6-9, 2008): SOUTH PACIFIC
 Mar 7 2008, 10:03:52 AM
Hey everyone
I don't post a whole lot on here anymore, only on occasion, but just felt this might be a nice time, being in New York and all. =)Haven't been to the city since November, which was quite a wait for me, considering there are so many shows now! But yea, I finally got back here yesterday, and will be around till late Sunday evening.
So anyways, I'll try and quit all my rambling. To the point- I saw the revival of SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE last night at Studio 54! My p

re: Did everyone get their Gypsy tickets?
 Jan 28 2008, 09:10:42 PM
Orchestra Row C on the Left for March 8th at 8 PM

= )

cannot wait!!

re: Gypsy marquee
 Jan 28 2008, 09:09:30 PM
The marquee and the ad in Times Square don't bug me too much, they're servicable...

but um, "At last..."? Is that the best they could think of?

re: The Color Purple closes
 Jan 24 2008, 07:14:32 PM
DANG
I expected it was gonna close, but not this soon!
I imagined they would try and stunt cast it out some more with some bigger names than yea, the current 'stunt casts' in the show now (forgot their names, sorry).

Well this is actually pretty disappointing, I think it'll be sad to see it go. I wish I could make it to New York to see the final show...

Best of luck to the cast and crew in their final month or so!

re: Your first musical
 Jan 20 2008, 03:55:51 PM
First musical (regional)- LEND ME A TENOR...when I was 6, haha

First musical (movie)- OLIVER! and who knows how old I was..very young, that's all I can really say

First Musical (Broadway)- AIDA back in December of 2002. I loved it, even though I was 10 and didn't understand it all completely.

But it still holds a special place for me now about 5 years and 51 Broadway shows later. :)

re: Erin Davie Will Replace Jill Paice In CURTAINS
 Jan 12 2008, 12:39:01 AM
I'm "in the same boat" as a lot of people on here, haha

Wasn't really planning on seeing this show again, but now I think I definitely may have to...

What awesome news = )

re: IN THE HEIGHTS: $20 seats for the last 3 rows
 Jan 8 2008, 10:55:29 PM
Rear Mezz, Row F, Seats 104 & 105
Saturday, February 23 at 2:00 PM

VERY excited

re: 'Suddenly': XANADU Cast Recording Arrives in Stores Jan. 8
 Jan 8 2008, 09:00:01 PM
The three I got on iTunes were "I'm Alive", "All Over The World", and "Xanadu".
might get "Suddenly" later.
yea, ill need to listen to them a lil more before i post any thoughts..

re: What to see in March? (another one of those threads)
 Jan 7 2008, 10:19:13 PM
March 1st you could always see the first preview of SOUTH PACIFIC

But yes, I'd also say AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY (which I'm hopefully seeing final performance...)

re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
 Jan 3 2008, 09:44:36 AM
SOUTH PACIFIC- Friday, March 7th in the 2nd row on the left side of the orchestra
= )

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You