TWO FREE TICKETS TO "GYPSY"

DARTH Profile Photo
DARTH
#1TWO FREE TICKETS TO "GYPSY"
Posted: 7/9/07 at 4:31pm

In just a moment, I will address why this thread disappeared for about eighteen hours. But first, here is part of the final post that had to do with Broadway Local winning the two free tickets to "Gypsy" on July 20, and a subsequent enquiry from another poster asking to see BL's winning entry. In part, I replied...

"And please remember that there was NEVER any promise that the entry would be posted. Broadway Local did write compellingly about his daughter and her interest in theatre, and even that is more than I would have shared on this thread had he not done so in a previous post. The tickets go out on July 9, Broadway Local has the tracking number, and that's more or less all anyone else needs to know. Broadway Local has kindly agreed to share with us his experiences after seeing the show.

I think I am going to do this same thing again in November with 2 extra tickets I have to "Young Frankenstein", where I ordered four tickets and only need two."

That was the original text which caused NO problems. However, being a Leo, I then added some personal comments regarding what I felt were inappropriate remarks left by three previous posters to the original thread, basically stating that they would have no chance at winning the new pair of "YF" tix. That seemed to be the thing that tweaked the Moderators, and off the thread came.

Since then I have spoken to Rob and e-mailed Craig, and we are starting over with this post. So let me let everyone know EXACTLY where we are now.

Even though tickets do not go on public sale for "Young Frankenstein" until July 15, I was able to get four tickets for the Nov. 15 performance. And, as mentioned above, I will only need two. In late October, I am going to post again under "Two Free Tickets to "Young Frankenstein" and will basically follow the same guidelines as the "Gypsy" tickets- any poster can submit an e-mail to me via PM telling me why they should receive the tickets. I will select the winner. Fini!

By then, you all will have heard from Broadway Local, winner of the "Gypsy" tickets, advising you that his experience was exactly as represented and, hopefully, that he and his daughter had a good time.

And to all who have been very supportive in my endeavor to simply give away two great tickets to a great show, thanks for knowing my heart and for still believing in the possibility that not everyone is a crook. Similarly, for those who have been less than kind- well, my experience is that life has ways of returning that to you tenfold.

Please do NOT send me any "YF" entries until you see the posting in late October. I will see the show in Seattle next month, but there are always things that can delay a new show on its way to Broadway.

And in case you have not done so, please read Charles Isherwood's article in the July 8 New York "Times" regarding the value of seeing "Deuce" before it closes. This article should be required reading for anyone who is truly interested in the craft of theatre.

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#6re: TWO FREE TICKETS TO 'GYPSY'
Posted: 7/9/07 at 9:03pm

First let me confirm that Darth is making a valid and approved offer. So any snarkiness can be stopped immediately please. If you don't want to take him up on his offer, so be it, move on to another thread. If you do have interest, feel free to contact him as noted in his post.

And while I would never give anyone's identity away, I would like to remind everyone that you never know who you are talking to on these message boards because of the anonymity. And just because you are also anonymous (some) doesn't give you the right to act like a bully or brat. I'm not expecting everyone to love each other, but let's try and treat people with a little respect. If you don't care for a post or poster.. move on. No need to keep jumping into a thread just to test how witty you think you can be.

I'll get off my soapbox now....

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#2re: TWO FREE TICKETS TO 'GYPSY'
Posted: 7/9/07 at 9:14pm

re: TWO FREE TICKETS TO 'GYPSY'

Amen to that Craig.

And here's some applause for Darth for continuing to be so unselfish and generous.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#3re: TWO FREE TICKETS TO 'GYPSY'
Posted: 7/9/07 at 9:33pm

i second that. Darth is a kind soul and you all should learn a lesson of goodness from this. Why do you feel the need to post such childish things when someone here is trying to do something nice for all of us? Thank you again Darth for offering this.

#4re: TWO FREE TICKETS TO 'GYPSY'
Posted: 7/9/07 at 9:49pm

Darth has done a very kind and generous thing for me and my daughter, and we thank him from the bottom of our hearts for putting us in the front row for Gypsy! Updated On: 7/22/07 at 09:49 PM

#5re: TWO FREE TICKETS TO 'GYPSY'
Posted: 7/10/07 at 12:40pm

Just to close the loop on this thread: FedEx delivered the July 20 front row tickets this morning! Thanks again to Darth for giving us this chance of a lifetime to see what is shaping up to be a legendary performance! Updated On: 7/22/07 at 12:40 PM

Videos