Ebersole, Block, Mayes & Blackhurst Join BILLY STRITCH In Concert 7/29

Ebersole, Block, Mayes & Blackhurst Join BILLY STRITCH In Concert 7/29

Caruso Profile Photo
Caruso
#1Ebersole, Block, Mayes & Blackhurst Join BILLY STRITCH In Concert 7/29
Posted: 7/26/07 at 8:14am

July 29 @ 7pm
Billy Stritch and The Girls
(Christine Ebersole, Stephanie J. Block, Sally Mayes & Klea Blackhurst)
Birdland, 315 West 44 Street, NYC
212-581-3080
www.BirdlandJazz.com

An award-winning composer, arranger, vocalist, and jazz pianist, Billy Stritch breathes new life into the Great American Songbook, all the while bringing an easy sense of humor and showmanship to his performances. He has arranged for, produced and performed onstage with Liza Minnelli, Christine Ebersole, Marilyn Maye and Charles Aznavour, and was guest conductor for “The Rosie O’Donnell Show.” As a composer, Stritch co-penned the 1994 Grammy Award-winning country song, “Does He Love You?,” recorded by Reba McIntire and Linda Davis, which has sold over four million copies nationwide. The song was named one of the Top Ten Country Songs of 1994. Stritch has headlined in every famed nightspot in Manhattan, including Rainbow and Stars, The Algonquin Hotel’s Oak Room, The Russian Tea Room, The Blue Note and, of course, Birdland. In Los Angeles, he’s played The Cinegrill, The Gardenia and Jazz Bakery; in London, The Ritz Hotel and Pizza On The Park. He is the winner of the Nashville Music City News Award, a BMI Song of the Year Award and five awards from the Manhattan Association of Clubs and Cabarets. In this Birdland outing, Mr. Stritch will feature and duet with some of the fabulous females in his life…including 2007 Tony winner Christine Ebersole, Stephanie J. Block, Sally Mayes and Klea Blackhurst.
$30 cover, $10 food/drink minimum
Birdland

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#2re: Ebersole, Block, Mayes & Blackhurst Join BILLY STRITCH In Concert 7/29
Posted: 7/26/07 at 9:49am

Wish I could be there to see Christine sing (because, really, isn't that what everyone is going to be there for?)

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#2re: Ebersole, Block, Mayes & Blackhurst Join BILLY STRITCH In Concert 7/29
Posted: 7/26/07 at 10:01am

LOL! (I know I was talking to two 'Blockheads' AKA Stephanie Block fans, and I thought they said it was full, and they said, "It's full because you Christine Ebersole fans are going in droves". I laughed.)

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

notabb
#3re: Ebersole, Block, Mayes & Blackhurst Join BILLY STRITCH In Concert 7/29
Posted: 7/26/07 at 10:02am

Ebersole fans will be happy. I hear she's going to do a jazz version of "Will You"

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#4re: Ebersole, Block, Mayes & Blackhurst Join BILLY STRITCH In Concert 7/29
Posted: 7/26/07 at 10:08am

Thanks for the spoiler! (I heard that rendition in concert, too. It's so different from the take in the show.)
I sort of thought she might do that, too.

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#5re: Ebersole, Block, Mayes & Blackhurst Join BILLY STRITCH In Concert 7/29
Posted: 7/26/07 at 10:11am

I don't know, even without Ebersole that is a pretty impressive line up. Sally Mayes? YES!

PEACE.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#6re: Ebersole, Block, Mayes & Blackhurst Join BILLY STRITCH In Concert 7/29
Posted: 7/26/07 at 10:21am

I hope there is a lot of coverage on this for those of us who can't be there.

Billy always helps his singers shine and it's cool they now get to put the spotlight on him :)

Videos