anyone see the new Paul in ACL?

Marlothom Profile Photo
Marlothom
#1anyone see the new Paul in ACL?
Posted: 8/14/07 at 8:54pm

I know he debuted tonight, anyone catch it? (edited for specificity)

"Observe how bravely I conceal this dreadful dreadful shame I feel."
Updated On: 8/14/07 at 08:54 PM

Yero
#2re: anyone see the new Paul?
Posted: 8/14/07 at 8:55pm

Paul who?

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2re: anyone see the new Paul?
Posted: 8/14/07 at 9:01pm

I'm curious as well. However, the show would just be ending in a few minutes so we've got some time (if anyone went).

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Marlothom Profile Photo
Marlothom
#3re: anyone see the new Paul?
Posted: 8/14/07 at 11:28pm

bump.

"Observe how bravely I conceal this dreadful dreadful shame I feel."

teka21
#4re: anyone see the new Paul? (ACL)
Posted: 8/16/07 at 8:10pm

The new Paul is Bryan R. Knowlton, he's making his Broadway debut. I saw the Wed. 8/15 matinee, and was very impressed with his performance. His big monologue was quite effective and very moving, I was not the only one sobbing. Especially as this was only his second performance, he seemed very comfortable in the character and has a real stage presence.
Krysta Rodriguez, also new to the cast in the role of Bebe, was also a pleasure- singing, dancing, acting, she has it all.
Updated On: 8/16/07 at 08:10 PM

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#5re: anyone see the new Paul? (ACL)
Posted: 8/16/07 at 8:44pm

Not sure if this counts, a few weeks ago, I saw the Paul u/s Joe Dudding, and he was fantastic.

I cried during his monologue and his singing and dancing were top notch.

munkustrap926 Profile Photo
munkustrap926
#6re: anyone see the new Paul? (ACL)
Posted: 8/16/07 at 8:50pm

I also saw him durring the matinee yesterday. I thought he was great. But i duno, I just liked the original better.

teka21
#7re: anyone see the new Paul? (ACL)
Posted: 8/16/07 at 8:56pm

I never saw Jason Tam, so I can't compare. I just thought Bryan R. Knowlton was terrific- newbie or not!

Videos