pixeltracker

Has anyone seen Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin's show before?

Has anyone seen Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin's show before?

FranzRelax
#1Has anyone seen Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin's show before?
Posted: 8/17/07 at 11:42pm

It's coming to Philly and I'm really excited. Playbill said they've done the concert before. Did anyone see it? Do they mostly sing together - do they sing solo numbers?

Also Patti's site says choreography is by Ann Reinking. How much dancing is there? Did Reinking also choreogaph the previous version they did?

Anyone going to get tickets when it comes to Philly?

We serve their food, We carve their meat, We tend to their house, We polish their Silverware.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#2re: Has anyone seen Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin's show before?
Posted: 8/17/07 at 11:50pm

I'm hoping to get tickets. I wish there were some cheaper seats though...

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Mike3 Profile Photo
Mike3
#2re: Has anyone seen Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin's show before?
Posted: 8/18/07 at 1:36am

I thought this thread was about EVITA.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#3re: Has anyone seen Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin's show before?
Posted: 8/18/07 at 7:19am

Hello. I actually did attend Miss Patti and Mandy Patinkin's show in Richardson, Texas... in 2002? I don't remember that much about it, except that most of the songs were duets. I do recall that a swivel chair was used by Miss L...I guess as a dramatic device. It was a whimsical show that didn't take itself seriously. Unfortunately though, I have negative memories of that evening... because after the show, some ugly, flea-bitten sow woman prevented me from seeing Miss Patti backstage...even though I had been in communication with Miss LuPone (email) prior to the show. I still have that signed headshot of Miss L, apologizing that I had been prevented from going "b.s." = backstage. from RC in Austin, Texas... The official Patti LuPone FANatic

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

JonathanGroffislove Profile Photo
JonathanGroffislove
#4re: Has anyone seen Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin's show before?
Posted: 8/18/07 at 8:20pm

I thought this was about Evita too.

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#5re: Has anyone seen Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin's show before?
Posted: 8/18/07 at 9:58pm

I'm currently devising a plan to go.

I live in Pittsburgh, so it's kind of a close-but-no-cigar situation.

I'm dying to go see it.

Anyone know if they do anything from Evita?

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#6re: Has anyone seen Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin's show before?
Posted: 8/19/07 at 12:13am

Is there any chance of Patti punching Mandy in the head?

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

FranzRelax
#7re: Has anyone seen Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin's show before?
Posted: 8/19/07 at 12:15am

Probably.

We serve their food, We carve their meat, We tend to their house, We polish their Silverware.

neddyfrank2
#8re: Has anyone seen Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin's show before?
Posted: 8/19/07 at 3:24am

I am going to see it in Palm Desert. from RC in Austin, Texas... The official Patti LuPone FANatic

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#9re: Has anyone seen Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin's show before?
Posted: 8/19/07 at 7:18am

USE YOUR OWN PERSONAL INFORMATION TO SUBMIT YOUR OWN POSTS. THANK YOU....from RC in Austin, Texas... The (authentic) official Patti LuPone FANatic

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

neddyfrank2
#10re: Has anyone seen Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin's show before?
Posted: 8/19/07 at 1:52pm

Sorry. from RC in Austin, Texas... The (authentic) official Patti LuPone FANatic

Videos