Goodbye , Frost/Nixon

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#1Goodbye , Frost/Nixon
Posted: 8/20/07 at 10:59pm

I seldom start a thread like this. However, since no one did it I have to put it there.

Thank you, Peter Morgan, for the fun, thrilling script. Thank you,Christopher Oram, for the simple,smart big TV screen scene design. Thank you,Michael Grandage, for the fast pace direction.

Thank you for the whole cast. Everyone has been fantastic! Thank you, Michael Sheen. Only after watching Frost/Nixon, I decided to watch "the Queen". I will keep following your new work.

Finally, thank you and congradulations for the Tony, Mr.Langella.

Frost/Nixon is the most thrilling experience in the past season for me. I have never been so absorbed by a show since watching Peters's Gypsy in 2003.

Frost/Nixon turns me from a die-hard-musical-less-enthusiastic-play fan into a straight plan fan. It opens a new world for me. Before Frost/Nixon, the only two Broadway plays I saw are "Doubt" and "History Boys". After Frost/Nixon, for the new season, "Rock N' Roll", "Cyrano" , all jump on my plan of the next NY trip.

I am looking forward to seeing the movie.

Edit:I put the wrong name for Michael Sheen. Thanks for the correction Updated On: 8/20/07 at 10:59 PM

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#2re: Goodbye , Frost/Nixon
Posted: 8/20/07 at 11:05pm

um who is Martin Sheen?

I'll miss this play re: Goodbye , Frost/Nixon It was great.

Piazzaslight Profile Photo
Piazzaslight
#2re: Goodbye , Frost/Nixon
Posted: 8/20/07 at 11:07pm

I saw this the day before it closed.

It was one of the most entertaining plays I have ever seen. The direction was, as sanda put it, fast paced and focused and the performances were remarkable. The moment when Nixon apologized to the country for Watergate... ugh, it got to me. And the look on Langella's face up on the T. V. screens was so full of emotion... such a powerful moment one can only experience in the theatre.

So good bye to a thrilling play that will hopefully be turned into an equally thrilling film.

MARGARET: "Clara, stop that. That's illegal." - The Light in the Piazza

"I'm not in Bambi and I'm not blonde!" - Idina Menzel

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#3re: Goodbye , Frost/Nixon
Posted: 8/20/07 at 11:10pm

I was so glad I saw this when I went to NYC. It was so good. I can't wait for the film as well.

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#4re: Goodbye , Frost/Nixon
Posted: 8/20/07 at 11:11pm

I think sanda meant Michael. Who is Welsh and no relation to Martin or Charlie Sheen. :)

It was a great show. I wish I'd seen it a second time.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

MarkRascati
#5re: Goodbye , Frost/Nixon
Posted: 8/20/07 at 11:20pm

I saw it last thursday and I agree, it was a fantastic experience. I'm generally not entertained by politics at all, but it was very good direction and acting that kept me watching.

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#6re: Goodbye , Frost/Nixon
Posted: 8/20/07 at 11:21pm

Didn't someone post that there would be a tour or something? Either way, I think the movie will be great.

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

MarkRascati
#7re: Goodbye , Frost/Nixon
Posted: 8/20/07 at 11:23pm

People were talking at the stage door about how it was closing because they're turning it into a movie.