pixeltracker

Fringe Gone Bad....when audience is bad

Fringe Gone Bad....when audience is bad

gaykettle
#1Fringe Gone Bad....when audience is bad
Posted: 8/23/07 at 9:51pm

i have attended nearly a dozen shows in the last few weeks and am astonished at the audiences that are so rude to the fringe people, who clearly are understaffed. one lady actually struck a staff person with her purse because she was told there was no late seating.
and what the heck is it with people and no late seating...it means no late seating...so read the website before you buy a ticket.
i have never been so embarrassed than to be inline with some people that at the fringe..audiences need to grow the F up.

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#2re: Fringe Gone Bad....when audience is bad
Posted: 8/23/07 at 10:50pm

I've seen over two dozen Fringe shows and have actually found just the opposite. Well, sort of. Audiences have been rude, but the Fringe staff have been VERY rude to me overall at several different venues. I think they're just too stressed out from dealing with all those people and with making sure five different shows per day run on schedule.

gaykettle
#2re: Fringe Gone Bad....when audience is bad
Posted: 8/24/07 at 12:51pm

i'll bet they are stressed. and if they were rude to you its probably a good bet you deserved it. how hard is it for you to follow instructions.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#3re: Fringe Gone Bad....when audience is bad
Posted: 8/24/07 at 1:03pm

Hon, considering the fact that you joined the board just to post this thread filled with over the top, specific frustrations on this particular issue, chances are you are a frustrated Fringe usher yourself, or somehow affiliated with one of the theatres in an underpaid or volunteer position in which you feel as though you aren't being treated respectfully, and you just wanted an audience to vent to. So vent away. Just don't go taking it out on people who respond to your thread with their experiences.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 8/24/07 at 01:03 PM

whatever2
#4re: Fringe Gone Bad....when audience is bad
Posted: 8/24/07 at 1:09pm

fwiw, i have been to seven fringe shows so far, and experienced nothing but high energy from audiences and volunteers.

(and let's remember these people are VOLUNTEERS!)

sure, the occasional random new yorker mumbling in the audience, but nothing out of the ordinary ...

"You, sir, are a moron." (PlayItAgain)

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#5re: Fringe Gone Bad....when audience is bad
Posted: 8/24/07 at 1:41pm

I have done some volunteering at Fringe and believe me it's a very tough job. You've got one audience leaving and another getting in. It can get pretty chaotic. Most people are very nice. It's always that rare jerk.

Videos