Call The Box Office

One NYC StageHand
#1Call The Box Office
Posted: 11/9/07 at 2:21pm

and find out if your show will be going on.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#2re: Call The Box Office
Posted: 11/9/07 at 2:24pm

its kinda hard to figure that sometimes and most of the time..they dont answer..

Would Telecharge & Ticketmaster have that info?

J*

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#2re: Call The Box Office
Posted: 11/9/07 at 2:34pm

Unfortunately most Box Offices on Broadway have unpublished numbers. I would keep checking Telecharge or Ticketmaster for any updates.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#3re: Call The Box Office
Posted: 11/9/07 at 2:43pm

Now that I think about it Box Office employees at theatre's on Broadway are also IATSE so if there's a strike wouldn't they not be at the theatre to answer the phone?

WOSQ
#4re: Call The Box Office
Posted: 11/9/07 at 2:47pm

Tele-charge IS the box office for Shubert owned & operated houses. They also have a pretty good customer service dept who calls customers when stuff like this happens.

Believe me, the news will be all over the papers and the web if the strike happens.

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#5re: Call The Box Office
Posted: 11/9/07 at 2:51pm

here you go...guys...

re: Call The Box Office

Fosse76
#6re: Call The Box Office
Posted: 11/9/07 at 3:28pm

"Now that I think about it Box Office employees at theatre's on Broadway are also IATSE so if there's a strike wouldn't they not be at the theatre to answer the phone?"

No. Think of IATSE as a corporation, and the locals being the actual unions. They are separate entities that work under one organization, like subsidiaries of a corporation. ALL theatre employees are under IATSE...even the ushers. And like all IATSE members, they can choose not to cross the line, but won't be mandated to. Yes, they can call upon all IATSE members to strike, but the impact is more immediate when members of the same craft strike in support.

#7re: Call The Box Office
Posted: 11/9/07 at 4:00pm

fosse76 - could we kindly not say "even the ushers" as if they were gum on your shoe on a hot summer's day. thx.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#8re: Call The Box Office
Posted: 11/12/07 at 11:13am

they can choose not to cross the line, but won't be mandated to. Yes, they can call upon all IATSE members to strike, but the impact is more immediate when members of the same craft strike in support.

Looks like the Treasurers chose not to cross the line.

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#9re: Call The Box Office
Posted: 11/12/07 at 11:15am

Box offices are closed- didnt you know abut the picket lines!!!

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 11/12/07 at 11:15 AM

Fosse76
#10re: Call The Box Office
Posted: 11/12/07 at 11:17am

"fosse76 - could we kindly not say "even the ushers" as if they were gum on your shoe on a hot summer's day. thx."

I was saying that because they COULD have been an entirely different union...but they aren't. It wasn't meant as disparaging.

Videos