pixeltracker

Roger Bart in 'American Gangster'

Roger Bart in 'American Gangster'

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#1Roger Bart in 'American Gangster'
Posted: 11/12/07 at 12:37am

Has anyone seen the movie yet? Although in a very small role, he did a fantastic job and I thought this role really showed that he can act. I didn't expect this from him, but he was really great.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#2re: Roger Bart in 'American Gangster'
Posted: 11/12/07 at 12:44am

I really want to see this movie! I had no idea Roger Bart was in it.

goofy108 Profile Photo
goofy108
#2re: Roger Bart in 'American Gangster'
Posted: 11/12/07 at 1:14am

he was good. but it wasn't like he was stealing any light from washington or crowe.
plus he was only in it for maybe four minutes.

but kudos. love to see broadway actors in the movies!

SarahNYC Profile Photo
SarahNYC
#3re: Roger Bart in 'American Gangster'
Posted: 11/12/07 at 10:19am

I like Roger Bart in general, but I have to disagree. Despite it being a small and somewhat unnecessary part, I thought he was too too much and it was an out of place moment for the movie... overacted and just out of line with the rest of the film. Just my opinion though...

TheHumanTorch Profile Photo
TheHumanTorch
#4re: Roger Bart in 'American Gangster'
Posted: 11/12/07 at 10:22am

i thought he was completely miscast... when i saw the movie, the people around me started hysterically laughing when he was seriously screaming at Russel Crowe...

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#5re: Roger Bart in 'American Gangster'
Posted: 11/12/07 at 10:51am

I thought it worked.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#6re: Roger Bart in 'American Gangster'
Posted: 11/12/07 at 2:46pm

The movie is AMAZING, but I agree--- the part was not necessary !

Broadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
#7re: Roger Bart in 'American Gangster'
Posted: 11/12/07 at 3:29pm

Great movie. Roger was good in the part. Maybe someone gave wrote the scene for him to be in it.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."