January Discount Codes

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#1January Discount Codes
Posted: 12/3/07 at 4:58pm

When will January discount codes start showing up on sites like Broadwaybox.com? The only show with a discount code up for January is "Legally Blonde." I'm coming to NYC over the weekend of January 18th and was hoping to get discounted tix for "Xanadu," "Come Back Little Sheba," and "Die, Mommie,Die." I already bought a ticket for "Young Frankenstein." I can see one more show that weekend. I've narrowed my choices to "Legally Blonde," "Mary Poppins," and "The Little Mermaid." Which one should I see?
Updated On: 12/3/07 at 04:58 PM

MargoChanning
#2re: January Discount Codes
Posted: 12/3/07 at 5:16pm

Most January codes probably won't start showing up until early January (though a few may pop up in December, right before New Years). Producers want to force as many people as possible to pay full price while the tourists are in town, so they don't like to start advertising discounts until the tourists are about the leave (January thru March).

You should have no problem finding discounts for Xanadu, Sheba and Die Mommy Die (as well as Legally Blonde; not sure Mermaid or Poppins will have them -- although there's a chance they might) though, once January rolls around. Just keep checking Broadwaybox for the new offers.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

sidneybruhl
#2re: January Discount Codes
Posted: 12/3/07 at 5:31pm

Thanks Margo!

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#3re: January Discount Codes
Posted: 12/3/07 at 5:40pm

One thing to be careful about is that I believe you are coming during Martin Luther King Day weekend, which is fairly late this year. Some discounts are not good for that weekend, although some will still be valid.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

sidneybruhl
#4re: January Discount Codes
Posted: 12/3/07 at 5:45pm

Thanks Mikem--I may have to use TKTS, but was hoping to find online discounts so I could purchase my tix before I arrive.

iluvmydog Profile Photo
iluvmydog
#5re: January Discount Codes
Posted: 12/4/07 at 10:29pm

I found discout codes for Mary Poppins through March - on Broadwaybox.com today

stockmanjr
#6re: January Discount Codes
Posted: 12/5/07 at 2:28am

Mary Poppins has partial view box seats for $25-$30 and they are quite worth the money.

iluvmydog Profile Photo
iluvmydog
#7re: January Discount Codes
Posted: 12/5/07 at 6:24am

I got front orchestra seats to Mary Poppins for $85 - similiar seats on other websites were almost double that.

Videos