pixeltracker

question about buying tickets the day of

question about buying tickets the day of

silencio1014 Profile Photo
silencio1014
#1question about buying tickets the day of
Posted: 12/3/07 at 6:41pm

Ok, I know this may seem like a stupid question, but I need to clear up my confusion and this is the best place to ask so…

Say, we were to go to the city one day and decided we wanted to see a show on the spur of the moment, we could just go to the box office of the theater and buy tickets right there? that what i would assume, but i just want to clear a couple things up...
1) Are the box offices in theaters open up until curtain?
2) Say I wanted to buy a ticket about 1-3 hours before showtime (if it’s not sold out of course) I could do that, right? Whatever seats are left, I could just choose from those?
3) How much would the tickets cost? If someone could better my understanding of this I would really appreciate this… Do Rush/Student Rush tickets sell out really early? Do they only keep a certain amount of those tickets at that price? Or are all same-day tickets sold at a discounted price?/Half-price?/Full-price?

So basically… I am not going to go to a theater early in the morning to wait for a general rush/student rush ticket at 26 bucks or however much. But if I were to decide to see a show like a couple hours before it starts, would I be able to get a ticket and for how much?

any help would be appreciated! thanks!

Updated On: 12/3/07 at 06:41 PM

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#2re: question about buying tickets the day of
Posted: 12/3/07 at 6:45pm

1. No idea bec. why would they sell tix during curtain....its distracting to people already sitting.
2. whatever seats are left- that's what they are going to sell you
3. Full price at the box office unless you have printed discounts you could use..
same day discount tix are only available at TKTS booth

J*
Updated On: 12/3/07 at 06:45 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#2re: question about buying tickets the day of
Posted: 12/3/07 at 6:56pm

I have bought a ticket 10 minutes before curtain. Full price, of course. And same day discounts aren't only available at TKTS. I have friends who have gone online and gotten them for the same day on discount. I would suggest you just do TKTS if you are looking for discounts. Or try online.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 12/3/07 at 06:56 PM

Fosse76
#3re: question about buying tickets the day of
Posted: 12/3/07 at 7:11pm

1) The Box Office is usually open up to a half-hour after curtain. As far as I know, if you want a ticket to the performance and it has already started, they will discourage you, but will sell it to you if you are insistant.

2) You can buy a ticket to the performance provided the box office is open...it doesn't matter what time it is. They will sell you whatever they have left at full price, unless you have a discount code on you.

3) Depending on the production, there are only a handful of rush seats reserved at shows that offer it, and most shows sell out early. Unless you have a discount code, then the only place you will receive a discount is from TKTS provided the show is available there (although sometimes the box office might give you a discount regardless).

silencio1014 Profile Photo
silencio1014
#4re: question about buying tickets the day of
Posted: 12/3/07 at 7:37pm

ok.. thanks so much to all of you!

Videos