pixeltracker

Fantasia out of The Color Purple Wednesday night, last night, AND tonight- Page 2

Fantasia out of The Color Purple Wednesday night, last night, AND tonight

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#25re: Fantasia out of The Color Purple tonight AND last night...
Posted: 12/10/07 at 2:26am

She was out for today's matinee as well. I don't think these are scheduled absences, or they wouldn't be exchanging tickets for the next day when she ended up missing those performances as well.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#26re: Fantasia out of The Color Purple tonight AND last night...
Posted: 12/10/07 at 3:41am

I'll agree with those of you who say that we don't know what is going on and shouldn't be so quick to judge. I'm sure she's not missing just to miss, and maybe it isn't our business to know the details. She hasn't been fired so the producers obviously think her "excuses" are valid, no? Shouldn't THEY be the first ones to publically place fault or blame before we jump down her throat about her absences? Sure it's disappointing for her fans, but the show does go on. And who's to say that she isn't as equally disappointed, if not more so, to have to let down those fans.

Also, weren't there rumors of her being pregnant? True or not, just trying to make the point that we really don't know.

By the way, she was there when I went and she was wonderful!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#27re: Fantasia out of The Color Purple tonight AND last night...
Posted: 12/10/07 at 4:41am

She does have a kid, you know. Family should always come first.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

philcrosby
#28re: Fantasia out of The Color Purple tonight AND last night...
Posted: 12/10/07 at 3:33pm

I saw the show at the 12/8 matinee and was sure we would miss Fantasia, but she was in.

And she was incredible.

I cannot imagine a more perfect combination of role and character. And from a 22-year-old! Meaning no offense to other 22-year-olds, but this is indeed someone with "star" power.

Cannot speak to the reported absences. And yes, everyone I told I had just seen the show (including B. Smith when I ran into her at her restaurant) asked if Fantasia had gone on. But all agreed if you were lucky enough to see her, you saw lightning strike.

And we sure did.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#29re: Fantasia out of The Color Purple tonight AND last night...
Posted: 12/10/07 at 4:30pm

"I'm sure she's not missing just to miss, and maybe it isn't our business to know the details. She hasn't been fired so the producers obviously think her "excuses" are valid, no? Shouldn't THEY be the first ones to publically place fault or blame before we jump down her throat about her absences?"

The producers of a show RARELY EVER come out publicly against the star of their own show. That would be suicide. And firing someone would mean buying out their contract. I'm sure the tickets are selling more than the complaints or they would have canned her a while back.

It's too bad the producers can't get someone in there who is just as talented but can actually show up to work for 8 shows a week.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2