Sister Act Musical?

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#1Sister Act Musical?
Posted: 12/14/07 at 3:17am

So what's going on with this show? I haven't really heard a whole lot after the Atlanta and Pasadena productions.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#3re: Sister Act Musical?
Posted: 12/14/07 at 12:01pm

It's going to London next season.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

FranklinShepard-Inc.
#3re: Sister Act Musical?
Posted: 12/14/07 at 2:58pm

I hope it does get a cast recording in London. Recordings of Menken shows are worth every cent spent.

phantomCA26
#4re: Sister Act Musical?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 5:48pm

Any updates on it's West End premiere?

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#5re: Sister Act Musical?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 6:15pm

I'm glad that we now have 3 Sister Act threads.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

sydney23 Profile Photo
sydney23
#6re: Sister Act Musical?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 6:27pm

does anybody know why London? there will be appropriate theaters available in NY in the fall. And London has much less healthy economics right now than Broadway. And isn't "Sister Act" more American than British - sensibility wise? (i've never seen the movie so i'm taking a shot in the dark here.)

sydney23 Profile Photo
sydney23
#7re: Sister Act Musical?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 6:31pm

yeah - you're right about the multiple threads - i had no idea and picked the wrong one to ask my question to! re: Sister Act Musical? sorry!

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#8re: Sister Act Musical?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 7:18pm

OK 1st of all, what are you talking about London having much less healthy economics right now.London has just had yet another record breaking year.

Also the show is probably coming here to the UK because there is more of an audience for these kinda shows here in the UK.
London embraces the fun fluff musicals and they normally have a healthy run here.Hence why Wedding Singer opens here on Friday and Legally Blonde arrives at the end of the year.

Fame, Footloose, Grease, Saturday Night Fever all did well here and Flasdance opens in a few months.

We love this fluff, they are known as hen night musicals here which do great business along side large groups going on a night out around the West End.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna