Strike

Ivan the Wonderful Profile Photo
Ivan the Wonderful
#1Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 9:59am

Can anyone tell me what happened in a short version. I missed the whole thing. LOL

"you freakin freaks. get a ****in life. theres more to life than this stupid website." stage manager 2

Ivan the Wonderful
#2re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 11:15am

any one?

"you freakin freaks. get a ****in life. theres more to life than this stupid website." stage manager 2

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#2re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 11:21am

Teddy Roosevelt tried to interfere, but the coal miners stood firm. He later arbitrated, and they went back to work Oct. 23, 1902.
Updated On: 12/19/07 at 11:21 AM

Ivan the Wonderful
#3re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 11:30am

LOL never mind I found our what it was about.

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#4re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 11:33am

The iron got hot - so they decided to strike.

nitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
#5re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 1:38pm

Can I have this person banned for impersonating me?

Either s/he's trying to impersonate me, or my boyfriend... I really can't tell.

And she's using my copyrighted photo without permission. Isn't there a rule against that?!

"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#6re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 1:52pm

"Either s/he's trying to impersonate me,"

The slow leading the slow.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#7re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 1:56pm

And we're supposed to believe nitsua is who they say they are? Really?

And did you really actually send the photo to the Copyright and Trademark Office of the Federal Government of the United States? And if so, can we have the registration number?

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

nitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
#8re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 2:19pm

Don't try to be smart, Robbie, because it makes you look stupid.

Intellectual copyright is automatic. When you write something, as in a short story or screenplay, it's automatically copyrighted, without you having to send anything in. The same goes for photographs.

"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#9re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 2:34pm

Oh dear. As I've worked in IP legal issues for the last 8 years or so, that's not exactly true. Actually, that's not remotely true.*

*In terms of suit and legal recompense.

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
Updated On: 12/19/07 at 02:34 PM

nitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
#10re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 3:20pm

Maybe not in legal and suit, but it still stands.

I took the photo. I own it, just as I own everything I write.

(Unless its BWW, or some other message board website.)

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#11re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 3:26pm

please stop being a ****basket.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#12re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 3:39pm

I'm fairly certain you don't have to worry about anyone stealing what you write.

nitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
#13re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 3:57pm

My screenplays are pretty good. I probably shouldn't do this, but...

http://www.simplyscripts.com/scripts/SOUVENIR-steel.pdf

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#14re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 4:03pm

wow. that's pretty good. While we're sharing, here's mine. It's simple, but a nice family story.
my screenplay

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

FranklinShepard-Inc.
#15re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 4:11pm

Whatever happened to your novel, Austin??

nitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
#16re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 4:11pm

I'm flattered that you don't think that's my script, but I assure you, it is.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#17re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 4:12pm

"I probably shouldn't do this, but..."

I think I speak on behalf of a lot of people here.

We don't care.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

nitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
#18re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 4:15pm

Diva, why are you being such a bitch? If you don't care, shut the **** up.

Franklin, I'm much better at writing screenplays.

FranklinShepard-Inc.
#19re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 4:20pm

I'll need a bit of time to examine that one re: Strike but breake a leg anyhow.

Fosse76
#20re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 6:14pm

"Oh dear. As I've worked in IP legal issues for the last 8 years or so, that's not exactly true. Actually, that's not remotely true.*

*In terms of suit and legal recompense."

You are wrong. Copyright exists at the MOMENT it is in a fixed medium (i.e., no longer just an image in one's mind). It does not have to be registered. All you have to do is look at the copyright office's official website for proof. However, if one is planning on litigation for copyright infringement, then one has to register the copyright. As a matter of law, it is not a mandatory requirement. And point of fact, registration is not de facto proof of copyright ownership.

FranklinShepard-Inc.
#21re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 6:16pm

That's legally right, yes. It's a matter of the burden of proof eventually.

nitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
#22re: Strike
Posted: 12/19/07 at 6:30pm

Take my word for it, Franklin. My novels (or chapters, rather) were just scenes, in paragraph form. Just action and dialogue.

Videos