On TKTS

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#1On TKTS
Posted: 1/16/08 at 11:56am

I hate threads like this...but...

Out of the shows below, which ones will most likely be on TKTS at the end of February?

-SITPWG
-Mermaid
-Blonde
-Xandu
-Poppins
-ACL
-Spring Awakening
-Hairspray

Thanks guys.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#2re: On TKTS
Posted: 1/16/08 at 11:59am

I say everything on your list with the exception of Little Mermaid.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#2re: On TKTS
Posted: 1/16/08 at 12:04pm

That's what I thought. Thanks Dottie.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#3re: On TKTS
Posted: 1/16/08 at 12:06pm

hey tag.... also FEBRUARY is a slow month.. so you may wanna check TKTS booth too..last week when I was in NYC.. I saw all those shows except TLM on TKTS for 50%
off....on a sunday morning though...

J*

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#4re: On TKTS
Posted: 1/16/08 at 12:08pm

Would you recommend getting to the booth right when it opens? Is waiting till later in the day a bad idea.

I am such a horrible tourist. I apologize!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#5re: On TKTS
Posted: 1/16/08 at 12:11pm

Other than Mermaid, I have seen all of those shows up on the board less than an hour before their curtain (which is when I usually go to TKTS, to avoid the lines).

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#6re: On TKTS
Posted: 1/16/08 at 12:14pm

Tag, you could also go to the booth by South Street Seaport. My experience was though when I went down there, I ended up with a seat very close to the stage and off to the sides. The line in midtown moves fairly quickly and I think a little farther back in the orchestra is a bit better than being too close (like I was for both Drowsy and A Chorus Line).

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#7re: On TKTS
Posted: 1/16/08 at 12:15pm

Sunday in the Park .....is on TDF now for $35.25 ... till..2/18

Available Dates
Sundays: February 10th 2:00PM
Tuesdays: February 5th 8:00PM, February 12th 8:00PM
Wednesdays: February 6th 2:00PM, February 6th 8:00PM, February 13th 2:00PM, February 13th 8:00PM
Thursdays: February 7th 8:00PM
Fridays: February 8th 8:00PM, February 15th 8:00PM
Saturdays: February 9th 2:00PM, February 9th 8:00PM, February 16th 2:00PM, February 16th 8:00PM

XANADU is on TDF lately but I have noticed only on Weekdays like Weds or Thursday (most likely)

ACL is on TDF now... but only till 1/29 (no weekends ) but most likely will pop up again....

Available Dates
Tuesdays: January 22nd 7:00PM, January 29th 7:00PM
Wednesdays: January 23rd 2:00PM, January 23rd 8:00PM

Mary Poppins, Hairspray, Legally Blonde & Spring Awakening- to my recollection- its never been on TDF for the past two years....

another show I have seen lately is CURTAINS (but not on your list)

TDF is mostly plays and Off-Broadway... your best bet is TKTS.... february is a slow month... take a chance....it may be fun... to go there with no tickets and just buy at TKTS... if you wanna save some money... if you dont wanna take a chance- there's always playbilldiscount and broadwaybox..which is around $25% off.

Hope this helps....

J*

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#8re: On TKTS
Posted: 1/16/08 at 12:25pm

SitPwG on TDF frightens me...I am very worried that if I buy tickets through TDF, I will end up in that horrible rear mezzanine.

It might be worth using the discount code for this show, so I know where I am sitting ahead of time.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#9re: On TKTS
Posted: 1/16/08 at 12:27pm

^^^that's why I just bought the cheapest ticket (SITPwG) for $20.00 (total $27.00) at least I am sitting at CENTER and by the aisle....that's why I dont go for TDF all the time...

J*
Updated On: 1/16/08 at 12:27 PM

neurodude84
#10re: On TKTS
Posted: 1/17/08 at 9:56am

here are the shows that have been on TKTS this week:
http://www.entertainment-link.com/tkts.asp

george95
#11re: On TKTS
Posted: 1/17/08 at 10:00am

I think you are better off printing out a discount page from playbill.com, broadwaybox.com or schooltix.com, then bring the page to the box office. They'll have more discretion in terms of getting you the best seats, unlike TKTS which can only offer you the seats that the producers sent to the TKTS booth. And TKTS only takes cash, but you can use debit/credit cards at the theater, and you still save on the convenience fees.