TheatreFreak05 Profile Photo
TheatreFreak05
#1Hairspray Tour
Posted: 1/29/08 at 6:53pm

has anyone seen it?? I bought tickets to see it on Sunday. I want to know if the cast is good.

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#2re: Hairspray Tour
Posted: 1/29/08 at 6:56pm

The cast is phenomenal- just as good, if not better than the Broadway cast.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

cannison101
#2re: Hairspray Tour
Posted: 1/29/08 at 7:01pm

The cast really is top notch! I saw it last year when it came through! You will have a grand time!

TheatreFreak05
#3re: Hairspray Tour
Posted: 1/29/08 at 7:02pm

well will it be the same cast you saw?? a year later??

JackSHC111
#4re: Hairspray Tour
Posted: 1/29/08 at 7:07pm

The touring cast from 2006 was AMAZING!! I saw the show twice, once in Kansas City and once in Niceville, FL. It was my first time seeing the show, and I saw the broadway cast in Nov. 2007. I must say I enjoyed the tour cast better.....they were spot on with the acting, singing, character traits (esp. the actors playing Link and Amber....words cannot express how amazing each was!). While the current broadway cast is definitely worth seeing, the tour cast just had a way of "gelling" with one another and it was very apparent they KNEW their characters!

Just my opinion....I hope the cast you see will be the same one!

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#5re: Hairspray Tour
Posted: 1/29/08 at 7:08pm

The cast is mostly the same- with a few exceptions. Brooklyn Pulver as Tracy and Jerry O'Boyle as Edna are still in the cast. I'm sure most of the other leads are, also.

www.hairsprayontour.com

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

gypsy4
#6re: Hairspray Tour
Posted: 1/29/08 at 7:13pm

the cast is amazing. I saw it last year in eugene,oregon brooklyn pulver rocks and so does the rest of the cast except
the set has no automative track so some of the cast members move
the set around.

gypsy4
#7re: Hairspray Tour
Posted: 1/29/08 at 7:13pm

the cast is amazing. I saw it last year in eugene,oregon brooklyn pulver rocks and so does the rest of the cast except
the set has no automative track so some of the cast members move
the set around.

TheatreFreak05
#8re: Hairspray Tour
Posted: 1/29/08 at 7:14pm

good! I am sooo excited to see it!

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#9re: Hairspray Tour
Posted: 1/29/08 at 7:18pm

Gypsy4, I don't know how many times I've tried to clarify to to that the in bigger cities (aka not one-night-stands), the set does have an automated track.

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#10re: Hairspray Tour
Posted: 1/29/08 at 10:19pm

Have a great time! I think you'll really like the show!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

Joshua488
#11re: Hairspray Tour
Posted: 1/29/08 at 11:06pm

On Monday, newcomer Donell James Foreman officially takes over the role of Seaweed on the national tour.

And it just so happens that he is my best friend. re: Hairspray Tour
Updated On: 1/29/08 at 11:06 PM

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#12re: Hairspray Tour
Posted: 1/29/08 at 11:10pm

Well, looks like you'll get to see Christian White! He is the best Seaweed I've seen.

TheatreFreak05
#13re: Hairspray Tour
Posted: 1/29/08 at 11:27pm

I absolutely love Seaweed's song. I glad he is really good :)

NY_Broadway2 Profile Photo
NY_Broadway2
#14re: Hairspray Tour
Posted: 1/30/08 at 12:03am

I can't wait to see this show when it comes this summer. I'm glad to hear that the cast is really good. I saw it on Broadway and I thought everybody in that cast was great especially Diana DeGarmo so I'm looking forward to a new cast.

If you hide from yourself, be someone else for someone else's sake, that would be the greatest mistake - bare

Joshua488
#15re: Hairspray Tour
Posted: 1/30/08 at 12:22am

Actually, I believe Donell may be going on earlier than expected... He was told that he will, most likely, perform on Sunday even though his official starting date isn't until Monday, so don't be surprised if you don't get to see Christian White.

Dolly_Levi Profile Photo
Dolly_Levi
#16re: Hairspray Tour
Posted: 1/30/08 at 10:15am

I'm sorry that you will miss the incredible Penny of Alyssa Malgeri, who recently left the tour. She was tops!

Laughter is much more important than applause. Applause is almost a duty. Laughter is a reward. Carol Channing

starlight2
#17re: Hairspray Tour
Posted: 1/30/08 at 10:21am

I saw Kerri Brackin in the show and she is fantastic! she is usually a swing, but if you get to see her you are lucky!

Videos