Betty Buckley Running Time

seymour krelborn Profile Photo
seymour krelborn
#1Betty Buckley Running Time
Posted: 2/19/08 at 11:02am

Does anyone know how long her 10pm shows have been running. I'm just planning my transportation etc and was wondering. Any help would be appreciated!

travismoser
#2re: Betty Buckley Running Time
Posted: 2/19/08 at 11:40am

I attended the "All Musical Theater By Request" show this past Saturday and it was amazing!! It didn't get started until around 11:00pm and was about 1 hour 15 minutes. She even sang "When There's No One" from "Carrie!!!!"

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#2re: Betty Buckley Running Time
Posted: 2/19/08 at 12:34pm

Is it like the previous shows she's done by request where you submit your requests on a card?

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

travismoser
#3re: Betty Buckley Running Time
Posted: 2/19/08 at 1:45pm

Yes, that's exactly how it's done. You submit the songs and she pulls them out of a bucket and tells stories about the shows. She told an interesting story about how Patti LuPone was not pleased that she's been singing "Meadowlark" in concert.

Patti LuPone: "Betty, how would you like it if I sang "Memory!?"

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#4re: Betty Buckley Running Time
Posted: 2/19/08 at 3:31pm

I hear she runs a 10-minute mile.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#5re: Betty Buckley Running Time
Posted: 2/19/08 at 5:11pm

When I did this years ago she'd been doing Gypsy at Papermill and her voice was hoarse so she really picked the songs herself. (It wasn't that random.) But at another concert, I did hear the Meadowlark story and it's stuck ever since.

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

Videos