Lunch and dessert on Broadway?

iluvmydog Profile Photo
iluvmydog
#1Lunch and dessert on Broadway?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:41am

Hi - we are heading to see Mary Poppins 6:30 show on a Sunday. We were going to have an early dinner at Carmines but they are booked so we will probably do lunch around 2:00 and then walk around the city before the show. Was thinking of taking the kids for ice cream someplace special before the show - any suggestions?

Thanks so much!!! (Oh and any other suggestions for dinner, kids are 7, 11 and 14 - I figured Carmines would be a good call - huge portions, order 2 or 3 dishes and share.)

fnyboi88 Profile Photo
fnyboi88
#2re: Lunch and dessert on Broadway?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:43am

Juniors

Broadway Shows I've Seen: Hairspray, Chicago, Little Shop of Horrors (2003), The Wedding Singer, Spamalot, Riverdance, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Spring Awakening, Wicked, Legally Blonde, Phantom of the Opera, Sweet Charity (revival), Drowsy Chaperone, The Lion King, Dreamgirls(2010 Tour).

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#2re: Lunch and dessert on Broadway?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:49am

If you like singing waiters & waitresses, try Ellen's Stardust Diner. It's right on Broadway, by 51st Street (I think). Kids should get a kick out of it.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#3re: Lunch and dessert on Broadway?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 4:04pm

I agree with both Juniors and Ellen's Stardust Diner. They are delicious and I think you will all enjoy yourselves very much!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

BroadwayBelle2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBelle2
#4re: Lunch and dessert on Broadway?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 4:51pm

You can try Cold Stone on west 42 btw 7th and 8th ave.

george95
#5re: Lunch and dessert on Broadway?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 5:08pm

Roxy Delicatessen right on Times Sq has good desserts. You can either get cookies and baked goods to go or get a table and get more types of dessert. They portions are big but it is on the expensive side.

But one of the best desserts in New York is the ice cream from the trucks!

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#6re: Lunch and dessert on Broadway?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 5:13pm

Sounds yummie! but I am on a serious diet...2,500 calories a day.. re: Lunch and dessert on Broadway?

Juniors is a mess with their cakes.. I dont even go in their pastry section anymore

J*

Updated On: 2/20/08 at 05:13 PM

george95
#7re: Lunch and dessert on Broadway?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 5:18pm

When I have as much time as you have, I take the A B C D E F V train downtown to West 4th, then go down West 3rd St to Tonnie's....they have incredible cupcakes.

iluvmydog Profile Photo
iluvmydog
#8re: Lunch and dessert on Broadway?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 7:34pm

Thanks everyone for the great ideas! Guess we will play it by ear and pop in one of those spots for dessert. We are definitely going to Carmines for a late lunch and then we will walk around and then do dessert.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#9re: Lunch and dessert on Broadway?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 7:36pm

Why is jay on a diet?!

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

postergirl
#10re: Lunch and dessert on Broadway?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 7:47pm

I think he and his new avatar are fishing for compliments.......nice six pack!!!!!

Videos