pixeltracker

Trip to NYC IN April help?- Page 2

Trip to NYC IN April help?

thetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
#25re: Trip to NYC IN April help?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 1:56pm

I remember some time ago a thread here discussing the "POD HOTEL".
Tiny,ultra modern Japanese style rooms at a tiny price.

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#27re: Trip to NYC IN April help?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 3:37pm

This past summer, I stayed at the Hotel St. James. Like mentioned before, it wasn't a palace or anything, but it was clean. My only complaint is that the bathroom was a little small, in my opinion.

fnyboi88 Profile Photo
fnyboi88
#28re: Trip to NYC IN April help?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 3:46pm

You're going to have to deal with small areas. Edison is great, small bathroom. I loved my stay there in June. I'm going to be staying at Amsterdam Court this summer, I believe the rooms are on the tiny side.

Broadway Shows I've Seen: Hairspray, Chicago, Little Shop of Horrors (2003), The Wedding Singer, Spamalot, Riverdance, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Spring Awakening, Wicked, Legally Blonde, Phantom of the Opera, Sweet Charity (revival), Drowsy Chaperone, The Lion King, Dreamgirls(2010 Tour).

broadwayjim42
#29re: Trip to NYC IN April help?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 3:59pm

DO NOT STAY AT THE CARTER. It's been named one of the dirtiest hotels in the country.

Check applecorehotels.com, heraldsquarehotel.com and hotelstanford.com as well as those offered. Most the the hotels are in the West 30's, but Times Square is a 10-minute walk. My kids and I have booked a suite at the Stanford for $229 a night, but they have rooms as low as $159-199 during my kids vacation week (Apr 14-1re: Trip to NYC IN April help?

DefyGravity777
#30re: Trip to NYC IN April help?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 3:59pm

I always stay at the St.James Hotel or Amsterdam Court Hotel. I thought that the rooms in both of these hotels were clean and big. I pay no more than 125.00 a night(for a double). Use Hotel Conxions website for good deals.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

Dollypop
#31re: Trip to NYC IN April help?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 5:13pm

It boggles my mind to learn about NYC hotel rates.

Last summer I spent a week in New Mexico and Arizona and I didn't pay more than $65/night--and the motels were clean and had swimming pools! Right now I'm looking at a getaay weekend at Cape Cod. I think I've found a nice place for $65/night.

NYC prices are outrageous!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

thetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
#32re: Trip to NYC IN April help?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 9:44pm

Ditto on THE CARTER. NO< NO< NO! It's a disgusting flea bag, which I happen to live a block away from. Check out CURRENT Tripadvisor.com commentary, along with good research. Don't believe ANY pix on the Internet. They all can look good, even if they are the worst. And remember, other parts of Manhattan (NOT Times Square area) may be a much better bargain, and ANY place is not more than 10 minutes by subway, whether uptown or downtown. It's nicer to stay downtown. The neighborhoods are generally nicer to hang around and stroll in, IMHO.