Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm

Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#1Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm
Posted: 2/25/08 at 9:29pm

2/26. 7pm. :)

Linkage ~ http://www.playbill.com/news/article/115319.html

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 2/26/08 at 09:29 PM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#2re: Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm
Posted: 2/26/08 at 6:52pm

bump. since it's less than 10 minutes away.

if anyone's interested.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 2/26/08 at 06:52 PM

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#2re: Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm
Posted: 2/26/08 at 9:46pm

Its refreshing to hear a well-thought out, articulate, introspective take on both the character (in this case, Diana) and the meaning of the show from both Ripley and Kitt.

I also applaud the message that Alice conveyed about the need for original theatre that challenges, takes chances, and does not only serve the purpose of entertaining. Its definitely the kind of theatre I most respond to and why I got into the theatre.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#3re: Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm
Posted: 2/26/08 at 9:50pm

It was a great interview! Definitely downloading the podcast when it's up!

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#4re: Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm
Posted: 2/26/08 at 10:07pm

Tom Kitt is so fantastic!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#5re: Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm
Posted: 2/26/08 at 10:10pm

Yeah. I talked with him for a few minutes on Saturday night. He is really cool.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

snl89
#6re: Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm
Posted: 2/26/08 at 10:30pm

I totally missed it. Blah. Buuut, knowing me and my homework procrastination, I bet I'll be listening to it at 2:00 this morning when it re-airs re: Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm haha

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#7re: Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm
Posted: 2/26/08 at 10:36pm

Did either of them mention the future of this show beyond March 16? It certainly deserves to have one.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#8re: Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm
Posted: 2/26/08 at 10:37pm

Nope. re: Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm Nor was a recording mentioned ~ and I keep forgetting to ask them about it.

snl ~ at this point I'll be listening to it again too because for some reason I'm wired for sound right now. LOL.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 2/26/08 at 10:37 PM

snl89
#9re: Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm
Posted: 2/26/08 at 10:44pm

so question- they played music, right? was this music live, or was it recorded? Because if it was recorded.. well, that will make me very happy because the recording would have had to COME from somewhere! (aka: they've recorded already and it's just a matter of releasing it). But I think most of the time these things are in studio right?

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#10re: Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm
Posted: 2/26/08 at 10:46pm

It was like portions of songs and they sounded recorded. Though whether it was from a forthcoming CD or from the show, I don't know.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 2/26/08 at 10:46 PM

snl89
#11re: Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm
Posted: 2/26/08 at 10:52pm

hmm.. I wish there was something def so that we could at least know if we're getting a recording or not!! The problem is, if they're still working on the show, I fear they'll decide to wait. But I don't WANT them to wait. I'm too impatient!! and besides, I want THIS recording in case they make any cast changes, because this cast is perfect. haha

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#12re: Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm
Posted: 2/26/08 at 10:55pm

Oh I know!!

Check your PMs. :)

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

snl89
#13re: Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm
Posted: 2/26/08 at 11:00pm

OH, and um. This it OT, but I feel like it's not quite big enough to merit a whole new thread: but, how amazing is the new Broadway Beat episode with NtN? I Miss The Mountains= death. And um... they showed more of I Am The One!! I'm a big fan of the ending of that song, so I was happy about that. Aaand what else? Oh yeah, that one clip from I Am The One (reprise)! *dies*

oh and also: Aaron is very very clever. He has managed to find a way to fully discuss his character without giving away the fundimental spoiler of the show at all. NOT an easy task re: Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm so, A+ for him! hehe

Updated On: 2/26/08 at 11:00 PM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#14re: Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm
Posted: 2/26/08 at 11:11pm

I just watched that today! I was quite impressed with how Aaron tap-danced all around that bit!

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Cugirl Profile Photo
Cugirl
#15re: Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm
Posted: 2/26/08 at 11:14pm

Where do I see this episode?

"Das Gegenteil von Krieg ist nicht Frieden...sondern Schöpfung!" - German Mark Cohen

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#16re: Alice Ripley and Tom Kitt on Center Stage on Playbill.com Radio @ 7pm
Posted: 2/26/08 at 11:28pm

i think it's the one that's up right now.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Videos