Shrek's Audience

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#1Shrek's Audience
Posted: 2/29/08 at 12:12am

So are they going for the kiddies on this one or are they going to play up the more adult aspects to the material.

I only wonder this because last night at Mame, at Seattle's 5th Avenue Theatre where Shrek will try out, the audience didn't seem thrilled.

One of the theatre big wigs came out and said, very cocky like:

"Our season will start with this little show called...Shrek!"

And the audience barely clapped. She expected a much bigger audience reaction. This was a theatre mostly full of 40ish adults and blue hairs.

Rotel1026
#2re: Shrek's Audience
Posted: 2/29/08 at 1:04am

I found it pretty funny when before Dreamgirls, the director of Theater Under The Stars in Houston came out and gave a sneak peak at the upcoming season, when he mentioned The Color Purple, it got a big reaction from most of the audience. Apparently Houstonians are really looking forward to that show.

theactorsociety Profile Photo
theactorsociety
#2re: Shrek's Audience
Posted: 2/29/08 at 1:16am

I think that it is going to be "kid friendly" but have a lot of adult humor that will go over the kids' head.

acrocksyo Profile Photo
acrocksyo
#3re: Shrek's Audience
Posted: 2/29/08 at 11:40am

Yeah the movie was written on more than one level, so why wouldn't the show be. Dreamworks is looking to be in competition with Disney, so I don't see why they won't try pulling some of the Disney family crowd in to see their show instead of The Lion King, Little Mermaid, or Mary Poppins.

http://theaterfag.blogspot.com/ Reviews and the like

Videos