pixeltracker

Fifteen Seconds of Grace and Here & Now

Fifteen Seconds of Grace and Here & Now

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#1Fifteen Seconds of Grace and Here & Now
Posted: 3/9/08 at 9:33pm

So I have had both of these items for quite sometime and I just finished listening to them both. I absolutley loved them both. Fifteen had the perfect song choice IMO for Victoria and Here & Now was the a great follow up to Songs of Jason Robert Brown (I don't know if anything will ever live up to it for me). What have been your opinions of the 2 albums. Also does anyone know if Victoria tours at all?

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#2re: Fifteen Seconds of Grace and Here & Now
Posted: 3/9/08 at 9:46pm

I think Clark is incredibly talented, I really do, but I just find the album way too monotonous for my taste. I guess that's more of my personal issue with the album than its own shortcoming. IMO, she is one of the most versatile theater actresses working today and I wish I had been able to see more of that on the album. Oh, and who in the world told her that she could get away with not recording "Losing My Mind" or bringing in Garber for "Too Many Mornings"?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

BroadwayBound062
#2re: Fifteen Seconds of Grace and Here & Now
Posted: 3/9/08 at 9:56pm

O I agree on not having Losing My Mind, but I found the song choice perfect for just relaxing and drinking a glass of wine before bed...

altoid06 Profile Photo
altoid06
#3re: Fifteen Seconds of Grace and Here & Now
Posted: 3/9/08 at 9:58pm

Victoria Clark does do performances outside of the tri-state area. I met her a couple weeks ago in Findlay, OH at a performance for her new album. Seeing her sing the songs and hearing the stories behind why she recorded those songs, make the CD even more memorable. I don't know if she technically "tours" or just does random appearances.

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." -- Maya Angelou

christhefish Profile Photo
christhefish
#4re: Fifteen Seconds of Grace and Here & Now
Posted: 3/9/08 at 11:55pm

I want to like Vicki's cd more then I do. Don't get me wrong it is enjoyable and there are a number of standouts (my personal favroite is It Might Be You), but I don't find that I have the urge to listen to the album over and over.

BroadwayBound062
#5re: Fifteen Seconds of Grace and Here & Now
Posted: 3/10/08 at 12:30am

What about here and now what do we think of it?

Videos