pixeltracker

James, Gregory II and Tartaglia Set for Shrek

James, Gregory II and Tartaglia Set for Shrek

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#1James, Gregory II and Tartaglia Set for Shrek
Posted: 3/20/08 at 5:17pm

Per Playbill: http://www.playbill.com/news/article/116117.html

Brian d'Arcy James, Chester Gregory II and John Tartaglia will be staring in the new Broadway Musical as Shrek, Donkey and Pinocchio respectfully .

They join Sutton Foster (Fiona), Christopher Sieber (Farquad) and Kecia Lewis-Evans (Dragon).

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 3/20/08 at 5:20pm

Updated On: 5/7/09 at 05:20 PM

Salad_Fingers85 Profile Photo
Salad_Fingers85
#2re: James, Gregory II and Tartaglia Set for Shrek
Posted: 3/20/08 at 7:38pm

So the thought of casting unknowns for Shrek and Donkey just disappeared? or did I miss something

me2 Profile Photo
me2
#3re: James, Gregory II and Tartaglia Set for Shrek
Posted: 3/20/08 at 8:28pm

I'm happy for Chester Gregory II. He worked so hard with NOTHING in TARZAN, I bet he'll get some big laughs in SHREK.

I've never seen a man inject so much life into such un-funny, material. It still wasn't a funny show by any means, but the effort was really appreciated about 30 minutes into it.

Good for him.
Broadway Blog: Amazing Discovery: Joseph Kramm’s The Shrike

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#4re: James, Gregory II and Tartaglia Set for Shrek
Posted: 3/20/08 at 8:32pm

Wow, so many talented performers in this...I hope the material is up to snuff. I also hope I'm still in Seattle to see it when it opens there.

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#5re: James, Gregory II and Tartaglia Set for Shrek
Posted: 3/20/08 at 8:36pm

Well, gotta applaud the talent involved in this. Though I've learned that a supposed dream cast doesn't necessarily mean a good show (uh, "Young Frankenstein"), this casting does interest me enough to at least keep following this project as it develops.

I saw Chester Gregory II three or so years ago in "Hairspray" and never forgot how fantastic he was. Also caught Brian D'Arcy James in "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" a week before closing--he did a terrific job (and did not deserve to see attendance crumble in the wake of Norbert's departure). And the rest...speak for themselves.

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

Videos