News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for me2

me2 Profile Photo
Member Name: me2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Places to mingle/meet other theatre people  Sep 1 2010, 07:34:19 PM
Thanks for the help (both the funny ones and the real ones). I also found a few piano bar places. I don't necessarily mean Broadway performers. I'm going to be in the city for 2 weeks (one week alone); I thought it would be fun to engage in conversation with someone at least twice during that time!
Places to mingle/meet other theatre people  Aug 31 2010, 08:22:07 PM
Does anyone have suggestions of where to go in NYC to meet/mingle with other theatre people?

Several years ago, someone posted a thread, and I saved it on a flash drive. But then the flash drive broke, and now I can't find the thread.

Any advice would be appreciated. thanks!

Barnes & Noble by Lincoln Center to close January 2011  Aug 31 2010, 08:14:45 PM
Amazon is the new Wal-Mart. Except they really ARE taking over the world.

I wanted the board game Dominion, except it was $45 at my local board game store. Amazon had it for under $28. I couldn't afford it at $45, but I could at $28. What was I to do???

Getting Backstage?  Aug 3 2010, 02:22:38 PM
As a die hard fan of Broadway, I've ALWAYS wanted to go backstage at a Broadway show--see around, maybe meet a few people, and just know what it's like back there. If you ever read my blog, you can probably imagine how much I'm DYING to see backstage. Can anyone help me out?

I'm coming to NYC (hopefully) September 4-September 19 (the end date isn't set in stone yet, still need to get housing). Is there anyone there who can take me backstage or anyone who has any tips on how to go abo

New York in December  Apr 20 2010, 01:55:22 PM
I think I'm posting this in the right section. I am going to New York (as a gift from my employers), and I think it will have to be some time after the end of November. How is New York in December? I'd rather go in warmer weather, but I also want to go as soon as I can (It's been too long!). How are the prices for things such as hotels? Any thoughts on if this is a bad or good idea?
re: re: The Princess and the Frog thoughts  Jan 2 2010, 01:32:33 AM
My thought is a goatee is not enough for a resemblence.

I had to add my two thoughts on PRINCESS AND THE FROG, though. I LOVED it! Jennifer Cody was so awesome as Charlotte, and Anika Noni Rose was such a beautifully voiced Tiana. I loved every minute.

Now . . . more Disney musicals, please!

...the good sense to die  Dec 9 2009, 08:37:59 PM
I have a friend who can do a dead-on circa 1967 Carol Channing impression. I wrote a musical comedy with the vision of her someday playing the lead (as an aging, man-hungry producer with a penchant for plastic surgery). It was fun to hear him read her lines.
OVER HERE! on Broadway?  Dec 9 2009, 08:34:06 PM
I have loved this score for years, but when I read the libretto about seven years ago, I realized that it probably wouldn't work for most modern audiences. It's a "Remember the Good Old Days" show at a time when no one remebers the 1940s. Get the CD, though.

I did write a blog on this topic, relating it to its sister show, GREASE. I'm linking it below.

re: A CHORUS LINE script?  Nov 11 2009, 08:09:22 PM
On a related note, I saw a bland community theatre production where the lyric about Troy Donahue was changed to Leonardo DiCaprio. I thought, "Except Leonard DiCaprios is a major talent with talent!" It just didn't work.
re: Tours that are planned, but never happen.  Oct 3 2009, 08:27:30 PM
I hate that because it gets my hopes up, though I have now learned to not take it seriously. The saddest moment of my theatre life was seeing the promotion of WONDERFUL TOWN as part of the tour season . . . then seeing it canceled because of the whole Lucie Arnaz debacle.
re: The Wedding Singer  Jun 10 2009, 09:31:29 PM
I just want everyone to keep me posted.
re: It's very clear that NEXT TO NORMAL is the show people are talking abou  Jun 8 2009, 08:56:03 PM
I posted the scene from YouTube on my Facebook page. It's THE new show I wish I could see, particularly now that I've scene that performance on the Tonys.
re: Here's why the touring shows WERE NEEDED at the Tony's  Jun 8 2009, 08:53:45 PM
The problem was that MAMMA MIA was present lamely (and LEGALLY BLONDE semi-lamley). But I agree--this draws in those of us who don't get to see the New York casts. I'd love to see more of this next year. It's certainly better than having Aretha Franklin sing . . .
re: The Wedding Singer  Jun 6 2009, 05:44:14 PM
Keep us posted, Thespian Geek, about how MTI responds. I'm curious.
re: The Wedding Singer  Jun 4 2009, 06:12:40 PM
This show and LEGALLY BLONDE are two shows that would be perfect for high school students to perform EXCEPT they are not very appropriate, which is too bad.
re: Laura Bell Bundy To Play 'Legally Blonde' in Nashville  Jun 3 2009, 02:01:54 PM
How exciting! I just saw the MTV broadcast for the first time after seeing the tour, and LBB was really amazing. Gulsvig was very good too, but it would be something exciting to see LBB in the role.
re: Babes in Broadwayland: How Old is Old Enough?  May 30 2009, 05:14:34 PM
Thanks for the link--very interesting! I always scout out shows before taking my friend's son.

I remember going to THE WEDDING SINGER and being surprised by the number of 8 and 9 years old in the audience--I did not think that show was age appropriate for them.

re: The Official Sh-K-Book Love Thread  May 30 2009, 05:05:49 PM
I'm so thankful for Sh-K-Boom/Ghostlight, and one reason is LITTLE WOMEN, a show which didn't play the best on stage but has a very charming score worth repeated playing.

My only wish is they could get MORE shows recorded--TALE OF TWO CITIES, CRY BABY, for example.

re: Should cast recordings be done live?  May 30 2009, 05:01:00 PM
I prefer in the studio. I think BROOKLYN is fine and everything, but the applause and such feels forced. I like to get lost in the story, characters, and music, and the applause takes away from that. Plus, there was one note on the disc that would have turned out listenable in the studio--the one Paradice hits on bleeeeee-eee-eee-eeee-ed.
re: Guthrie's Kushner Celebration  May 29 2009, 06:31:29 PM
I saw CAROLINE and "enjoyed" it thoroughly (can you really enjoy a show like CAROLINE?), though it was not as moving or thrilling a show as I had hoped. I had not seen the Broadway production but had really wanted to, so I was ecstatic to get to see it.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You