News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gumbo2

gumbo2 Profile Photo
Member Name: gumbo2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Come see a FREE OFF-BROADWAY MUSICAL Saturday 4/28 & Sunday 4/29  Apr 29 2012, 10:58:37 AM
BUMP! Offer still good today, Sunday. Did anyone end up going yesterday?
Come see a FREE OFF-BROADWAY MUSICAL Saturday 4/28 & Sunday 4/29  Apr 28 2012, 02:35:55 AM
Hello BWW,

Sorry for the late notice but for anyone in NYC this weekend, there is an opportunity to see a really cool off-Broadway musical FOR FREE at Theater 80 in the East Village.

It's called Hereafter, and here's a synopsis from the website (hereaftermusical.com):

"Three women have come together one afternoon for a reading at the Middletown, New Jersey home of psychic, Jason Richards. They each have had difficulty coping with the loss and of their loved one and ar

re: Favorite 'Entire town singing' Songs?  Jul 9 2008, 04:32:59 AM
I reiterate "Belle" from Beauty and the Beast and "Downtown" from Little Shop.
re: Most despicable act by a likable character?  Jun 12 2008, 01:06:38 PM
Jamie in The Last 5 Years
re: First show you saw alone..  Jun 11 2008, 02:57:08 PM
I go alone a lot...I'm usually in the city by myself for breaks during school and such. It's hard to remember but I think maybe Light in the Piazza might have been one of the first. For me it's actually an exciting rarity when someone sees a Broadway show with me.
re: John Lloyd Young & John Gallagher Jr. (Cubby's former clients)  Jun 4 2008, 02:14:11 PM
Very funny. Well done.
re: SOUTH PACIFIC ON LETTERMAN TONIGHT  Jun 4 2008, 05:50:44 AM
She looked and sounded great but I thought the whole performance just fell a little flat...maybe the tempo felt slow to me or something. I haven't seen the show but it didn't quite draw me in. I enjoyed watching her sing though.
re: Memphis??  Jun 3 2008, 02:32:12 PM
Is that the musical about the white radio guy (can't remember his name) who played "black" songs on the radio and there was a big uproar? It's playing in Seattle later this season as well. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.
re: Best contrapuntal moments in a show (or movie, or ANYTHING)  Jun 3 2008, 03:14:28 AM
How about "She Loves Me Not" from Closer Than Ever?
re: How Hollywood steals  May 28 2008, 02:33:44 PM
This whole thread is ridiculous. As someone said before, Bart has done numerous TV and movie appearances, and Norbert is starting to show up in commercials and movies as well, and they still do Broadway. And even if they didn't, what's the big deal? Good for them, I hope the pilot gets picked up.
re: Barett Foa's REACH commercial  May 28 2008, 04:44:21 AM
Hahaha I definitely just came on Broadwayworld to see if there was a thread about this because I just saw the commercial. Glad to see you're all on top of the ball.
re: Favorite Underrated Actors!  May 26 2008, 05:05:42 AM
Brian d'Arcy James. Love him in everything he does.
re: MOST stage time for an actor in a show?  May 11 2008, 02:33:54 PM
Yeah I did Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead and the title characters don't ever leave the stage...and that play is almost 3 hours.
re: MOST stage time for an actor in a show?  May 11 2008, 02:22:34 PM
Tevye
re: Stephen Schwatz soprano song  May 10 2008, 11:47:01 AM
Lion Tamer?
re: Listen to a preview of SAVED on the new PH podcast!  May 8 2008, 04:52:22 PM
Eh, it was cool to hear them talk about the process and what they like about it and how it's different from the movie, etc. but yeah, would've been nice if they gave a little preview of a song or something. Oh well, thanks CapnHook.
re: Listen to a preview of SAVED on the new PH podcast!  May 8 2008, 04:43:18 PM
Thank you!
re: Find a Theatre Song Challenge  May 7 2008, 10:43:03 AM
Proud of your Boy is what came to my head, but I guess it doesn't work if you're a girl.
re: Most powerful Sweeney?  Apr 21 2008, 03:03:55 PM
I have to agree with Roscoe...George Hearn was just too loud and one-note. Cerveris was creepy as hell so I'd have to say he's my favorite. I only know Cariou from the cast recording and he's great on that, but I haven't seen him live so I can't count him.
re: Philosophical Question about Kiss of the Spider Woman (Possible spoiler  Apr 17 2008, 01:21:51 AM
I haven't seen the musical and it sounds like it ends quite differently than the movie, but I know the movie quite well, and I think considering that Molina shows such kindness and friendship towards Valentin basically throughout, Valentin at least appreciates that Molina is the only person helping him. By the end they grow very close and I don't think it's out of the question that there are genuine feelings there.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You