Listen To Your Heart

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#1Listen To Your Heart
Posted: 3/31/08 at 8:13am

I find it kind of hilarious that Mark Hollmann and Greg Kotis wrote a whole song in their Tony-winning score for URINETOWN making fun of the musical theatre cliche about listening to your heart, and then Mel Brooks writes a song for his supposed musical comedy employing that exact cliche.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

LittleSally Profile Photo
LittleSally
#2re: Listen To Your Heart
Posted: 3/31/08 at 8:32am

"If only you'd follow, your heart."

Sorry was having a moment. Continue with your thread.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#2re: Listen To Your Heart
Posted: 3/31/08 at 8:37am

Foster - Do you mean "Follow Your Heart"?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#3re: Listen To Your Heart
Posted: 3/31/08 at 9:10am

Yes, Matt.

I can't listen to Sutton sing "Listen To Your Heart" without hearing Hunter say in his goofy Bobby Strong voice, "I Don't Know How To Listen To My Heart," and Jennifer Laura Thompson saying, "You See There, Bobby, Even Your Heart Knows You Should Follow Your Heart!" and Hunter singing, "Someday I'll Meet Someone Whose Heart Joins With Mine, Aortas And Arteries All Intertwined..."

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Idinster87
#4re: Listen To Your Heart
Posted: 3/31/08 at 10:48pm

Haha Foster I completely agree. I just saw YF the other night and I could not get Follow Your Heart out of my head....and come to think of it, Inside Your Heart from batboy. It's also too bad that these songs are about 1000x better than Brooks' attempt.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#5re: Listen To Your Heart
Posted: 3/31/08 at 10:53pm

Uh,...okay?

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Videos