pixeltracker

American Idol 7 Stars Who Could Be on Broadway- Page 3

American Idol 7 Stars Who Could Be on Broadway

Kaykohl Profile Photo
Kaykohl
#50re: American Idol 7 Stars Who Could Be on Broadway
Posted: 5/28/08 at 11:19am

David Cook attended college on a musical theater scholarship, but he switched to graphic arts midway through.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#51re: American Idol 7 Stars Who Could Be on Broadway
Posted: 5/28/08 at 11:46am

How 'bout actual actors in some of these shows?

F**k American Idol.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Jon
#52re: American Idol 7 Stars Who Could Be on Broadway
Posted: 5/28/08 at 12:01pm

Rumors say Syesha has been offered Dorothy in a revival of The Wiz.

MerMaggieGalinda
#53re: American Idol 7 Stars Who Could Be on Broadway
Posted: 5/28/08 at 12:02pm

I didn't know that about David Cook. I'd actually prefer him to do Broadway than make a generic rock/pop album, because the only time I really, really loved him was when he sang MOTN on ALW week.

Jon
#54re: American Idol 7 Stars Who Could Be on Broadway
Posted: 5/28/08 at 12:10pm

Have you seen the YouTube video of David Cook in his high school production of Singin' in the Rain?

snl89
#55re: American Idol 7 Stars Who Could Be on Broadway
Posted: 5/28/08 at 12:22pm

Yeah, I DEF think Cook would be one of the few Idols who could actually be Broadway-worthy. He grew up doing musical theater, and.. I don't know, he just strikes me as the type who'd be a really good actor! He seems like he has the emotional.. maturity and presence for it. Especially something like Roger in RENT.

And vocally he can pretty much do anything! I mean, he sounded amazing doing Music of the Night and then yet he can also turn around and do rock musicals! Pretty amazing :)

Carly certainly has the belting power for Broadway... I wonder if she can act?

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#56re: American Idol 7 Stars Who Could Be on Broadway
Posted: 5/28/08 at 5:01pm

Amanda Overmyer as Marion in Music Man

gottadance2 Profile Photo
gottadance2
#57re: American Idol 7 Stars Who Could Be on Broadway
Posted: 5/28/08 at 5:06pm

LOL. sondheimWHOO you made me lose it. Hilarious.