News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for StephenSondheimWHOO

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
Member Name: StephenSondheimWHOO
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Joe Wright to direct My Fair Lady film, Knightley and possibly Craig to  Oct 26 2009, 09:08:49 PM
I think Kiera Knightley is a great fit acting wise, but she can't sing it! I know she has a pretty voice, but Eliza requires a lot more than that. All of the movie stars that do musicals like Anne Hathaway, Nicole Kidman, Rene Zelweger etc may have pretty, weak voices, but that's just not enough. I hope they dub Kiera Knightley
re: Taking Woodstock the Musical?  Sep 10 2009, 09:31:26 PM
Actually the movie was based off of Elliot Tiber's memoirs.
re: Will The The Bacchae be rained out tonight?  Aug 30 2009, 10:36:08 PM
I was also there tonight and would really like to know what happened. There was a scream from the back center section and a huge swarm of people crowded around something. Does anyone who was there know what was going on?
re: BYE BYE BIRDIE footage  Aug 28 2009, 01:34:04 PM
Wow, Matt Doyle looks like a pedophile.
re: My Fair Lady - remake (+ more)  Aug 18 2009, 06:00:03 PM
Anne Hathaway is one of my favorite actors, but she does NOT have the voice, nor is she right for Eliza.
Frankly, I can't think of any big name who could do the role justice vocally.

Hair's Anthony Hollock and partner discriminated against by cab driver  Aug 16 2009, 01:19:59 AM
I read on Anthony Hollock's facepage that he and his parner Martin Gould Cummings were called f**king f**gots and refused service by a taxi driver.
Its despicable that this kind of thing goes on in the world, my heart goes out to them.

re: Bad YouTube Uploads of Showtunes  Jul 15 2009, 10:38:49 PM
I love missbroadwaydork! she is so adorable and talented.
re: 'Ugly Betty' to have a musical episode this season  Jul 14 2009, 04:44:49 PM
slight thread jack, but timesquare01 that is such a good idea! She would be amazing!
re: The most bizarre cover of 'America' from WSS imaginable...  Jul 8 2009, 07:07:12 PM
That is the most bizarrely wonderful thing I have seen in a while.
re: Who DESERVES a jukebox musical?  Jul 7 2009, 02:16:48 PM
Nellie McKay.

re: Moments in a play or musical that almost ruin it?  Jul 7 2009, 02:12:57 PM
I loved most of Distracted, but the ending was just absurd.
re: DON'T QUIT YOUR NIGHT JOB THIS THURSDAY!!  Jul 6 2009, 01:33:38 PM
Is there an age limit for the show?
re: Solo CDs  Jul 6 2009, 01:32:26 PM
Brian Stokes Mitchel's is pretty bad, the arrangements are so boring.
Daphne Rubin Vega's album is kind of a mixed bag, some of the songs are great others are hard to listen to.

re: According to ATC, if you wear shorts to the theatre....  Jul 6 2009, 01:27:12 PM
I really don't see the need to dress up to go to the theater, it makes broadway seem like a place for stuck up rich people.
re: anneliese van der pol in WICKED???  Jul 5 2009, 06:29:28 PM

re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?  Jul 2 2009, 04:31:24 PM
damn, Laura Linney would have been BRILLIANT
I hope its not Nicole Kidman. Has anyone heard Winslet sing?

re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon  Jul 2 2009, 03:55:23 PM
I'd love to see Testa as Ema Goldman, She has done great work in more dramatic parts like See What I Wanna See, so its not as if all she can do is really broad, campy comedy.

Anika Noni Rose would be amazing. As would LaChanze, but I doubt she would take the role.

re: Web Site Story  Jul 1 2009, 05:03:32 PM
SO HILARIOUS
re: What Broadway song describes a situation in your life/your life in gene  Jul 1 2009, 04:25:38 PM
"Its today" from Mame
re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon  Jul 1 2009, 04:23:01 PM
I"M SO EXCITED! I saw the original production, but I don't remember it very well, so I can't wait to see it again.
Is Manoel Felciano continuing with the production?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You