News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Kaykohl

Kaykohl Profile Photo
Member Name: Kaykohl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
 Jun 26 2013, 11:04:07 AM
People were parroting Simon and Randy about Broadway. Neither of them really care for Broadway. They seemed to think Broadway is where singers end up that didn't make in the music business. However, I think I read somewhere that Simon is involved in a theater production now.
Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
 Jun 26 2013, 09:48:49 AM
I seem to remember Adam being really proud of his theater background until he started getting grief from AI audiences about it. I remember him saying he wish he had never mentioned it because of all of the negativity. From that point on he started talking about focusing on his singing career and not being interested in doing theater. I thought it was really harsh when he said it. But, I understand now why, it stopped the negative chatter about him being a viable pop star.

I agree, he'

Alec Baldwin is NOW officially out of ROCK OF AGES Film!
 May 12 2011, 01:35:50 AM
Not impossible, just used one of the guys already doing the part.
Going to New York August 24th, what show should I see?
 Jul 25 2010, 04:49:37 PM
Just so your family knows that if they decide to choose ROA on the 24th of Aug. Constantine will not be there. Here's his tweet from this morning regarding his schedule.

>ConstantineM ________ looks like my last show will be sept 7th and I will be off from 23rd to 29th of aug as well. @RockOfAges<

Nicole Scherzinger to Play Maureen in RENT at the Hollywood Bowl
 Jun 5 2010, 08:39:00 AM
I feel she'll do a pretty decent job as Maureen, but I think she would have been a great Mimi also.
Diana DeGarmo in Rock of Ages?
 Feb 4 2010, 06:59:38 AM
"You are correct, but still, Amy and Kerri are somehow known in the Bway community(both nominated to either a Tony or Drama Desk Awards) and Diana is a Reality Tv star. It seems they won't cast a newcomer like Savannah Wise for too long in it."

These are some of the same things that were said about Constantine in the Wedding Singer thread when he joined that show. If she gets cast it's because ROA feels she can handle the role.

re: Broadway in a World Dominated by Pigs (or, How My Horrible Day Turned O
 Dec 26 2009, 11:40:43 AM
You have a pretty cool roommate, I think your gift to your roommate was pretty cool too (if you'd had time to pull it off). Thanks for sharing your story.
re: AVE Q or ROCK OF AGES
 Oct 6 2009, 11:19:34 PM
With him being a military guy and a fan of 80's music, I'd say ROA. But perhaps you should give him a brief summary of the two shows and let him choose.
re: Constantine Maroulis has IRRESISTIBLE CHARM
 Aug 15 2009, 12:32:21 PM
singalongsong2, I just re-watched the video and I came away with him referencing "you're" as himself. Brett is the rock star and he's not, so he's not in the position to question a rock star about an event.
re: Constantine Maroulis has IRRESISTIBLE CHARM
 Aug 14 2009, 12:22:31 AM
It's not too far out of the range to know that in the past records companies have signed artist and not followed through for that artist.

In Constantine's case IIRC, the person he signed with, left the company fairly soon after he was signed and no one picked up the project to produce his album. After not seeing any type of effort from the company he hired a lawyer to be released from his contract.

It's not the first time this has happened to an artist and it won't be the

re: RoA on The View
 Aug 1 2009, 01:22:33 AM
Constantine thanked John Varvatos in a recent tweet right before he taped The View. So he is more than likely wearing a John Varvatos Suit.

This link shows a recent showing of John's collection and the camera focuses on the feet of the models and you can see they are all sockless.

re: Grammy for Best Cast Album 2009: Who Should Be Nominated/Win?
 Jul 6 2009, 11:40:06 AM
More info:

2010 Grammy Ceremony Announced

MUSIC NEWS - The 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards will return to Los Angeles' STAPLES Center on Sunday, January 31, 2010, and will air live on the CBS Television Network at 8p (ET/PT) An earlier date this time, so the eligibility year for the 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards will be shortened by one month (Oct. 1, 2008 Aug. 31, 2009).

The date for the GRAMMY nominations announcement which showcases GRAMMY Award finalists, the year'

re: Grammy for Best Cast Album 2009: Who Should Be Nominated/Win?
 Jul 6 2009, 08:44:17 AM
According to Wikipedia

"Years reflect the year in which the Grammy Awards were handed out, for music released in the previous year. As of 2008, the current eligibility year is defined by the Recording Academy as beginning October 1, and ending the following September 30. Awards are given in February following the eligibility period."

Don't Stop Believin' - The BROADWAY 'Rock of Ages' Love Thread
 Jun 28 2009, 10:47:34 AM
In response to MrJNLong, as an African American and a woman, I don't see anything negative about these roles or the actors playing them. The roles are all caricatures and no amount of relevance was ever intended.

re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
 Jun 14 2009, 09:31:30 AM
Because the other shows don't have the issue of two shows per week being as taxing as eight shows per week.

All of the nominees have physically taxing roles.

re: Will three times be a charm for Rock Of Ages?
 Jun 12 2009, 09:07:47 AM
I'm not sure about Amy, but I know Constantine wasn't feeling well the first night out. Then he did the NA at the Met's game.

Constantine supports a lot of Greek orientated events and was at and event last night. He said at that event he had an eight o'clock show tomorrow. So I'm pretty sure he'll be there tonight. Amy may have been feeling under the weather also.

re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
 Jun 9 2009, 09:54:52 PM
No
re: Neil Patrick Harris
 Jun 9 2009, 03:20:27 PM
Neil Patrick Harris reminds me a lot of Ryan Seacrest.
re: 'Don't Stop Believin': Glee Vs. Rock of Ages
 May 27 2009, 01:24:34 AM
The Glee performance was not live and more than likely enhanced in studio. So I'll go with ROA.
re: Why Does '9 TO 5' Have Anymore Credibility Than 'Rock of Ages'?
 May 6 2009, 06:45:24 AM
Credibility is in the eye of the beholder.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You