Find a Theatre Song Challenge

Boq101
#1Find a Theatre Song Challenge
Posted: 5/7/08 at 1:50am

I need suggestions for a theatre song a kid would sing to his mom. It's for Mother's Day, so it has to be a sort of thank-you to the mother for whatever they've done.

This is a bit of a challenge, as most songs sung to moms in theatre tend to be of a more negative nature (Mama Who Bore Me, Mama I'm a Big Girl Now, If Momma Was Married)

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#2re: Find a Theatre Song Challenge
Posted: 5/7/08 at 1:51am

My Best Girl from Mame

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 5/7/08 at 1:53am

Updated On: 5/6/09 at 01:53 AM

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#3re: Find a Theatre Song Challenge
Posted: 5/7/08 at 2:17am

If you want to expand past a "theatre" song and include film songs there's a great song from The Chipmunk Adventure called "My Mother" that would be great. I doubt there's sheet music available though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps4vugqZ-4g

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

autopilot2
#4re: Find a Theatre Song Challenge
Posted: 5/7/08 at 2:33am

Not while I'm around

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#5re: Find a Theatre Song Challenge
Posted: 5/7/08 at 7:58am

I Will Never Leave You could work.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#6re: Find a Theatre Song Challenge
Posted: 5/7/08 at 8:03am

Cut out the opening comment about it being her birthday, and "Mama, a Rainbow" from Minnie's Boys is perfect.

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#8re: Find a Theatre Song Challenge
Posted: 5/7/08 at 10:43am

Proud of your Boy is what came to my head, but I guess it doesn't work if you're a girl.

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#9re: Find a Theatre Song Challenge
Posted: 5/7/08 at 11:59am

Mama A Rainbow is the first thing I thought of.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott