pixeltracker

Kelli O'Hara: Wonder in the World CD

Kelli O'Hara: Wonder in the World CD

toni3
#1Kelli O'Hara: Wonder in the World CD
Posted: 5/10/08 at 10:36am

Has anyone heard this? Any opinions on it?

Songsstresss Profile Photo
Songsstresss
#2re: Kelli O'Hara: Wonder in the World CD
Posted: 5/10/08 at 10:54am

I love and adore this woman!
<------- Obviously!
But, I was a tad underwhelmed. She's got a lot of power in her voice, but it doesn't sound like it in any of these songs! Nothing sounds very exciting. I don't know. I just wanted to hear more strength and she came off sounding a little wimpy.
But let me reiterate, I think she's fabulous and I would do anything to have a career like hers! I just wasn't thrilled with this cd.

christhefish Profile Photo
christhefish
#2re: Kelli O'Hara: Wonder in the World CD
Posted: 5/10/08 at 11:30am

I'm kind of torn about the ablum.

Its good, it has a sort of melancholy tone which isn't necessarily a bad thing it just kind of requires that you be in a certain mood to relly enjoy it.

I think the selection of songs is kind of all over the place, besides the aforementioned melancholy tone there is nothing that connects the songs to a simiular theme or style.

All and all I think it is a worthwhile purchase, but I hope that Kelli has the chance to make another album that shows her ability a little more.

broadwaybaby086
#3re: Kelli O'Hara: Wonder in the World CD
Posted: 5/10/08 at 1:16pm

I love it. Each song was chosen for a reason (there's a podcast somewhere where she describes them), and even though the album doesn't showcase her voice the way we're used to hearing it, she impresses in an entirely different way. There's a lot of realness and emotion in these songs. It's relaxing and a joy to listen to. :o)

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

Videos