pixeltracker

Has Anyone Seen The Understudy for Lin Manuel Miranda in In The Heights?- Page 3

Has Anyone Seen The Understudy for Lin Manuel Miranda in In The Heights?

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#50re: Has Anyone Gotten The Understudy for Lin Manuel Miranda in In The Heigh
Posted: 12/13/08 at 2:51pm

I think Lin's back today.

Just had to add more to the Javi!Usnavi love- went to see the show again last night specifically to catch Javi again, as I really enjoy his Usnavi so- there are certain line deliveries he does (especially the "you know it, friend" in the dinner scene, I always awww at his Usnavi there in a way that I don't at Lin's) that I just love, and Champagne with Marcy was fierce. Very enjoyable.

rentheadca
#51re: Has Anyone Gotten The Understudy for Lin Manuel Miranda in In The Heigh
Posted: 12/13/08 at 3:17pm

I noticed that too!
it's really great to see an understudy, I guess I got lucky in a way, because it made me realize the show is still great without Lin. Also, I really appreciated Lin's performance the next time I saw it re: Has Anyone Gotten The Understudy for Lin Manuel Miranda in In The Heigh He just is different! Not that I don't love the understudies though...

PiraguaGuy2
#52re: Has Anyone Gotten The Understudy for Lin Manuel Miranda in In The Heigh
Posted: 12/13/08 at 3:34pm

Javier's Usnavi is a lot more "cuddly" than Lin's. I'm surprised they're not having him take over.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

rentheadca
#53re: Has Anyone Gotten The Understudy for Lin Manuel Miranda in In The Heigh
Posted: 12/13/08 at 3:44pm

that's so true!
Shaun's was also more "cuddly"
Javi and Shaun usually sang more of the kinda spoken/rapped lines by Lin

sleepyguy1717
#54re: Has Anyone Gotten The Understudy for Lin Manuel Miranda in In The Heigh
Posted: 12/13/08 at 3:47pm

"Javier's Usnavi is a lot more "cuddly" than Lin's. I'm surprised they're not having him take over."

Wait, he's not taking over? Last I heard that was the rumor. Oh no!

I want to apologize for some offensive messages posted on this board under my name. The night 0f 12-15-08 I did not have internet access, and someone had used my name to post something offensive. My avatar was also changed. I dont' know what else was posted, or if anyone recieved bad PMs, but I want to apologize for that. I've changed my password, and even though I was not the one posting these messages it still needed to be corrected.

rentheadca
#55re: Has Anyone Gotten The Understudy for Lin Manuel Miranda in In The Heigh
Posted: 12/13/08 at 3:48pm

I think he still could be, but they're holding auditions for an Usnavi replacement...

feline0favenueQ Profile Photo
feline0favenueQ
#56re: Has Anyone Gotten The Understudy for Lin Manuel Miranda in In The Heigh
Posted: 12/13/08 at 3:51pm

Yeah, I want Javier to take over. He's a lot better than Shaun, IMO.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
rentheadca
#58re: Has Anyone Gotten The Understudy for Lin Manuel Miranda in In The Heigh
Posted: 12/13/08 at 4:50pm

I'm probably doing lotto tomorrow re: Has Anyone Gotten The Understudy for Lin Manuel Miranda in In The Heigh
I don't know why I liked Shaun more... it could've been that I was expecting and really hoping for Lin when I saw Javier

Latest Posts