News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Leslie Kritzer @ Splash Last Night (+ New Show)

Leslie Kritzer @ Splash Last Night (+ New Show)

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#1Leslie Kritzer @ Splash Last Night (+ New Show)
Posted: 8/12/08 at 10:11am

Did anyone attend?

I was there with my friend Leann (shout out) and she was amazing. She didn’t take the stage until midnight, originally scheduled for 11:30, but it was well worth the wait. She sang about 5-6 songs, including "Don’t Rain on My Parade" from Funny Girl and Godspell's "O Bless the Lord". Took a few photos and even brought my Catered Affair playbill that I didnt get signed when I saw it because she didn’t stage door, and she signed it graciously.

Anyway, her new show is titled "The House of Kritza", 10/20 at Joe's Pub.

Personally, I think she should've called it PUTTING ON THE KRITZ! but House of Kritza works well too :)

(If anyone can list any of the other songs she sang, that'd be great)

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#2re: Leslie Kritzer @ Splash Last Night (+ New Show)
Posted: 8/12/08 at 11:35am

I didn't see this, but she is amazing. I caught her "Leslie Kritzer Is Patti LuPone at Les Mouches" at Joe's Pub, and she was brilliant!

I'll definitely try to catch her October show.

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#2re: Leslie Kritzer @ Splash Last Night (+ New Show)
Posted: 8/12/08 at 2:21pm

Thanks for reminding me.

When the host was plugging her show, she said something to the tune of "And this time I wont be playing some other b!***."

She also said there would be some original music in her new show
Updated On: 8/12/08 at 02:21 PM

jsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
#3re: Leslie Kritzer @ Splash Last Night (+ New Show)
Posted: 8/12/08 at 4:31pm

To say that she brought the house down is an understatement. NO ONE sings DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE like Leslie Kritzer. NO ONE, not even Babs comes close to the way Kritzer sings it.

The rest of the set was terrific. Her GODSPELL number rocked, and she was gorgeous.

It was worth the 3 hours of sleep to see her perform.

pattilupuppy Profile Photo
pattilupuppy
#4re: Leslie Kritzer @ Splash Last Night (+ New Show)
Posted: 8/12/08 at 5:14pm

so sad i missed this

Jake2
#5re: Leslie Kritzer @ Splash Last Night (+ New Show)
Posted: 8/12/08 at 5:28pm

For those missing the belting side of Leslie that A Catered Affair didn't showcase, you had it in SPADES last night. As usual, she delivered some fierce vocals with those octave spanning jumps that make your head spin. So thrilled that she's still doing Don't Rain On My Parade as said above. Leslie has completely raised the bar on this number. (she's gotta record this and get it out there) Dare I say, it is nearly a religious experience hearing her hit that ridiculous note at the end. All goosebumps.
Can't wait for House of Kritza. This girl brings it.

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#6re: Leslie Kritzer @ Splash Last Night (+ New Show)
Posted: 8/12/08 at 6:57pm

On "that site", there are videos of Kritzer's: "There Are Worse Things I could do", "Don't Rain on My Parade", "Bless The Lord", and "Unexpected Song" from her Spalsh appearance.
Updated On: 8/12/08 at 06:57 PM

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#7re: Leslie Kritzer @ Splash Last Night (+ New Show)
Posted: 8/12/08 at 8:44pm

....That was an A. Holy SH*T.

And, I love that she has a soprano. It's so pretty. Oh, I'm in love with this woman.

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

Videos