News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jake2

Member Name: Jake2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Roseanne Barr Headed to XANADU?
 Sep 10 2008, 05:17:34 PM
I believe this is now King of the Hill's 13th (!) season. Kathy does such a brilliant job voicing Peggy Hill. She's clearly not hurting for the cash, but she would definitely be awesome in Xanadu. That being said, I would probably check out Roseanne too!
re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
 Aug 15 2008, 03:24:28 PM
"It is too bad that Leslie's show wasn't preserved in some way; it was a great show."

Leslie's final two performances were audio recorded (possibly video as well) with the intention for a release. By the end of Leslie's run, her interpretations of the songs were unbelievably moving. (Vocally, Leslie was going for notes that Patti did not attempt). I believe there is room for both recordings, but even if Leslie's remains shelved, I can guarantee you that this girl is only just beginning

re: Leslie Kritzer @ Splash Last Night (+ New Show)
 Aug 12 2008, 05:28:18 PM
For those missing the belting side of Leslie that A Catered Affair didn't showcase, you had it in SPADES last night. As usual, she delivered some fierce vocals with those octave spanning jumps that make your head spin. So thrilled that she's still doing Don't Rain On My Parade as said above. Leslie has completely raised the bar on this number. (she's gotta record this and get it out there) Dare I say, it is nearly a religious experience hearing her hit that ridiculous note at the end. All goose
re: FUNNY GIRL Revival
 Nov 28 2007, 05:02:59 PM
Having seen Leslie do this show at Paper Mill, I can say that she would be the absolute perfect choice for a revival. (there was even serious discussion at the time of bringing it to Broadway) The critics loved her. The thing that blew me away wasn't that she is just so remarkably funny (which we know) but that she vocally delivered the goods while bringing a emotional warmth that brought much of the house to tears. (especially in "The Music That Makes Me Dance" just a beautiful performance all
Musto: Xanadu Recording with Jackson?
 Jul 18 2007, 05:19:44 PM
If the offers are going to be higher with Jackson doing the recording, then I'd be really surprised if it doesn't happen this way. Getting the CD out as fast as possible is the best possible promotion for this show to keep selling tickets. It would be great to hear James' take on a couple of songs. The show is kind of short... right?, so i'm sure they could fit the bonus tracks on one disc. (Personally, I wouldn't mind hearing Marty Thomas take a stab at some of the songs with that voice of his
re: Leslie Kritzer is Patti LuPone
 Sep 8 2006, 02:11:48 PM
If you've seen Leslie in anything, then you know the kind of energy she brings to an audience and how people just can't get enough of her.
She was beyond words in Funny Girl and made Hairspray look easy, the (far too few) times she played Tracy. Traler Park finally gave us that glimpse of the talent we knew was there, waiting to bust out. But for those of us who know that this woman can really sing, it was frustrating to not have that. (and yet she STILL gets a Drama Desk nod! incredible) If

re: Congratulations to Leslie Kritzer
 Apr 27 2006, 07:28:11 PM
There is no one more deserving.
Last Sunday Leslie put on a performance at XL in Chelsea (as part of Marty Thomas' Divas Live) that will not be soon forgotten.
She opened with a jawdropping rendition of Don't Rain On My Parade that blew the roof off of the place. This was not the Funny Girl you remember. This was better than her already momentous performance at Paper Mill a few years back, she truly gives Linda and Babs a run for their money.
She also tore it up with Pat Benatar's "

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You