pixeltracker

Photo Coverage: Spring Awakening Onstage Proposal- Page 2

Photo Coverage: Spring Awakening Onstage Proposal

#25re: Photo Coverage: Spring Awakening Onstage Proposal
Posted: 8/24/08 at 4:02pm

I'll go farther. The "romantic" and "thrilling" part should be the PROPOSAL not how he did it. I don't understand why straights think they have to "Spice up" the proposal or )worse) the wedding itself with choreography or surprises.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#26re: Photo Coverage: Spring Awakening Onstage Proposal
Posted: 8/24/08 at 4:03pm

I would totally love to be proposed to at a show like Drowsy or something like that, but I would find being proposed to at SA pretty unromantic.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

TMarie Profile Photo
TMarie
#27re: Photo Coverage: Spring Awakening Onstage Proposal
Posted: 8/24/08 at 4:24pm

Well just on a personal level, I want a family, and I'm not even sure if I want a "marriage". And a public proposal just seems to me not fun. If I'm ever proposed to I hope it would be very private and spontaneous. No ring, I'd be scared of losing a ring that costs more than my apartment. But to each his own.

It was like that guy who proposed at that sports game on public TV, and then got rejected (she like ran out of the stadium)...but then I think it turned out to be actors and all planned like that.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#28re: Photo Coverage: Spring Awakening Onstage Proposal
Posted: 8/24/08 at 4:50pm

I'll go farther. The "romantic" and "thrilling" part should be the PROPOSAL not how he did it. I don't understand why straights think they have to "Spice up" the proposal or )worse) the wedding itself with choreography or surprises.

Ohhh, I used to help run an anime convention, and we had a couple have a massive snitfit one year because we wouldn't let them get married at our convention. I mean, firstly, an English midlands university full of hyperactive idiots pretending they're more Japanese than you because they spent more money dressing up as cartoon characters is not romantic IN THE SLIGHTEST. But the point where I lost all faith in humanity was when they said they wanted to be married at our convention because they wanted it to be SPECIAL and they wanted to REMEMBER it.

..... because weddings are just so dull and unmemorable. Especially if they're yours. O_o

TMarie Profile Photo
TMarie
#30re: Photo Coverage: Spring Awakening Onstage Proposal
Posted: 8/24/08 at 9:32pm

THAT is a nice thing. Make sure it's not like..Sweeney Todd or something though re: Photo Coverage: Spring Awakening Onstage Proposal

regnad kcin Profile Photo
regnad kcin
#31re: Photo Coverage: Spring Awakening Onstage Proposal
Posted: 8/24/08 at 11:10pm

tobiasragg, THAT is adorable. I'm not really one for public proposals, but if I were, the Spelling Bee one would be my pick. It's adorable and clever.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#32re: Photo Coverage: Spring Awakening Onstage Proposal
Posted: 8/24/08 at 11:26pm

As I mentioned before a public proposal is seen by some as "bad luck" but I also feel that the proposal should be private. The wedding is to be shared with your friends and family but the proposal is just the two of you.

I've seen SOOOO many proposals at baseball games over the years and I usually don't pay attention. But there was one guy I just had to give kudos to. Usually the stadium starts pumping the Wedding March over the PA system and the guy gets down on his knee. But this guy did more than that. He had a bunch of his buddies in the upper deck and they were each holding a large sign with a letter on it. When held up the signs spelled out "SAY YES!" While the idea of proposing on the Phanavision is overdone this guy got points for creativity.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Renthead#1 Profile Photo
Renthead#1
#33re: Photo Coverage: Spring Awakening Onstage Proposal
Posted: 8/25/08 at 12:39am

Maybe they chose a show like SA because its about young love or something.

Go ask Alice When she's ten feet tall

scott68 Profile Photo
scott68
#34re: Photo Coverage: Spring Awakening Onstage Proposal
Posted: 8/25/08 at 12:51am

... and suicide, generational conflict, and abortion-related death due to bloodloss. Wow, I got into a romantic mood just TYPING that! Hot damn!

"Why, I make more money than... than... than Calvin Coolidge! PUT TOGETHER!"
~Lina Lamont

My name wasn't, isn't, and will never be Scott.

Renthead#1 Profile Photo
Renthead#1
#35re: Photo Coverage: Spring Awakening Onstage Proposal
Posted: 8/25/08 at 1:06am

Maybe that kind of stuff turns them on.

Go ask Alice When she's ten feet tall

scott68 Profile Photo
scott68
#36re: Photo Coverage: Spring Awakening Onstage Proposal
Posted: 8/25/08 at 1:08am

If so, I wish them many years of happiness and a childless marriage. :)

"Why, I make more money than... than... than Calvin Coolidge! PUT TOGETHER!"
~Lina Lamont

My name wasn't, isn't, and will never be Scott.

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#37re: Photo Coverage: Spring Awakening Onstage Proposal
Posted: 8/25/08 at 10:02am

While I personally am not a fan of public proposals, I always thought they did require some guts. You need to be 100% sure the other person will say yes or you could end up being as heartbroken as Ralph Wiggum when Lisa Simpson told an entire viewing audience she was not his girlfriend and didn't like him (yep, I'm a Simpson fan).

Still, SA...nothing says happy marriage like young love...and death from an abortion.