pixeltracker

Quick Poll: Drinks at your seat at the theatre?- Page 3

Quick Poll: Drinks at your seat at the theatre?

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#50re: Quick Poll: Drinks at your seat at the theatre?
Posted: 8/7/11 at 9:38am

Bottled water and the like doesn't bother me. Mildred, I doubt I would even notice if you were drinking wine next to me, as wine is served without ice. What I cannot stand is when people buy the souvenir cups, order something on the rocks, and then proceed to swish their ice cubes throughout the performance. That, to me, is on par with popping gum or loudly eating chips. Good for you that you paid $21 for a Jameson in your souvenir cup--now sit still.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#51re: Quick Poll: Drinks at your seat at the theatre?
Posted: 8/7/11 at 10:07am

No alcohol is allowed to be brought into the theater for "Naked Boys Singing" at NWS.

Just give the world Love.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#52re: Quick Poll: Drinks at your seat at the theatre?
Posted: 8/7/11 at 10:30am

I think the hawking of drinks and snacks IN the theater (not at the bar) is incredibly tacky, and sets a tone. The way they do it at Rock of Ages is HORRIBLE and distracting and disrespectful. Additionally, I'd never seen a theater as big of a mess at the end as it was leaving ROA....numerous spilled drinks, garbage everywhere -- it was pretty disgusting. NWS was pushing the drinks so hard it was embarrassing.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

dragonlp86 Profile Photo
dragonlp86
#53re: Quick Poll: Drinks at your seat at the theatre?
Posted: 8/7/11 at 11:30am

I personally hate the fact that they sell drinks (the ones with ice that people take to their seats) and snacks at a theatre. Live theatre is far different from a movie theatre in my mind, and it just seems more than a little out of place. Then again, I'm the kind of person who doesn't even buy drinks or snacks for a film, so I'd never think of buying them on the rare occasions that I get to go to a show.

Videos