Posted: 9/22/08 at 10:44pm

DIRECT FROM LONDON, IT'S
THE HARRY POTTER SHOW
WITH A THEATER FULL OF PPL
WHO CAME FOR THE WRONG REASONS
(OH, AND ALSO A FANTASTIC PLAY)

http://www.broadwayabridged.com/scripts/equus.shtml

"Y'know, I think Bertolt Brecht was rolling in his grave."
-Nellie McKay on the 2006 Broadway production of The Threepenny Opera, in which she played Polly Peachum

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#2re: Broadway Abridged: EQUUS
Posted: 9/22/08 at 10:47pm

OH god this will be to much fun. He hasn't written one since Young Frankenstein last year.

Mattbrain
#2re: Broadway Abridged: EQUUS
Posted: 9/23/08 at 7:04am

MY WIFE AND I DON'T MAKE WHOOPIE ANYMORE!

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#3re: Broadway Abridged: EQUUS
Posted: 9/23/08 at 10:41am

that was awesome!

weird though. I was at the Sept. 20th evening show and I didn't hear that woman say "take your clothes off!" hmmm.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

BroadwayAbridged Profile Photo
BroadwayAbridged
#4re: Broadway Abridged: EQUUS
Posted: 9/23/08 at 11:49am

Were you sitting in the very rear of mezzanine?

It wasn't shouted loud enough for the stage to hear it, just the center back half of the upstairs.

- Gil http://www.broadwayabridged.com

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#5re: Broadway Abridged: EQUUS
Posted: 9/23/08 at 12:15pm

I don't know what I find more interesting, the fact that someone shouted that or the fact that if the person shouting it was truly only interested in seeing Daniel Radcliffe naked she didn't cough up the money for an orchestra seat.

Though I'm appalled it happened at all, really. Awesome abridged, though! I love these so much that a new one made my day.

cheapcoloredlights3
#6re: Broadway Abridged: EQUUS
Posted: 9/23/08 at 12:29pm

LOL! I want a RENT abridged...why haven't they done that?

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#7re: Broadway Abridged: EQUUS
Posted: 9/23/08 at 4:27pm

yeah i was. 2nd to last row house right.

i was happy there were no entrance applause for both Daniel and Richard.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

Magdalene Profile Photo
Magdalene
#8re: Broadway Abridged: EQUUS
Posted: 9/23/08 at 4:46pm

I was also at the evening show on 9/20, and didn't hear a thing---of course, I was one of "those people" who was on the WRONG side of the stage...

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"
Updated On: 9/23/08 at 04:46 PM

SporkGoddess
#9re: Broadway Abridged: EQUUS
Posted: 9/23/08 at 5:20pm

I admittedly don't know much about Equus, but from reading that script, it sounds like one screwed up play.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

Videos