pixeltracker

Carrie Manolakos, what's next for her?

Carrie Manolakos, what's next for her?

jjfriel
#1Carrie Manolakos, what's next for her?
Posted: 9/23/08 at 7:48am

Ok...I need help from all of you Broadway show experts! I am a big fan of Carrie and she blew me away with her performances of Sophie in Mama Mia...anyone know what the future might hold for her? I am hoping she makes it back to Broadway soon. Girl has WAY too much talent not to be on stage.

Thanks in advance for all those who respond!
Updated On: 9/23/08 at 07:48 AM

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: Carrie Manolakos, what's next for her?
Posted: 9/23/08 at 7:59am

Isn't she still in Mamma Mia? The website says so, and they're usually good with updating.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

jjfriel
#2re: Carrie Manolakos, what's next for her?
Posted: 9/23/08 at 8:24am

That is a negative...her last show with Mama Mia was on Sunday. Sad to say. Allison Case is now the new Sophie. Big shoes to fill. Manolakos has an incredible voice and really connected with the audience. Posting from Broadway news below about the new Sophie

Bride-to-be “Sophie Sheridan” will be played by Allison Case, making her Broadway debut direct from appearing as “Crissy” in this summer’s hit Public Theater Shakespeare in the Park production of Hair

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#3re: Carrie Manolakos, what's next for her?
Posted: 9/23/08 at 9:51am

She'll be alternating shifts with Donna Murphy at:

re: Carrie Manolakos, what's next for her?

jjfriel
#4re: Carrie Manolakos, what's next for her?
Posted: 9/23/08 at 12:39pm

Ouch!

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#5re: Carrie Manolakos, what's next for her?
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:04pm

Carey Anderson left her stint in Mamma Mia early to do Avenue Q. I was under the impressing that Manolakos was going to do the Broadway production to finish out Anderson's contract. And that when she was done she was going to go back on tour and they would bring in a new Sophie.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

jjfriel
#6re: Carrie Manolakos, what's next for her?
Posted: 9/26/08 at 10:48am

Any updates on this bright young star? It is ashame to see her not working...but considering all the shows closing (Title of Show, Legally Blonde, Xanadu, etc) there will be a lot of performers out there looking for work....

BlueRoses321 Profile Photo
BlueRoses321
#7re: Carrie Manolakos, what's next for her?
Posted: 9/26/08 at 12:21pm

She's working on her own music. And is involved with upcoming FACTORY GIRLS...a project about which she is very passionate.

jjfriel
#8re: Carrie Manolakos, what's next for her?
Posted: 9/26/08 at 12:53pm

Hey...thanks for the update...girl has way too much talent not to be on broadway or getting her voice heard.

Thanks again!

jjfriel
#9re: Carrie Manolakos, what's next for her?
Posted: 9/26/08 at 1:46pm

Is Factory girls going to be on Broadway or is it a play?

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#10re: Carrie Manolakos, what's next for her?
Posted: 9/26/08 at 9:47pm

"Is Factory girls going to be on Broadway or is it a play?"

Are plays not aloud on broadway?