Is it frowned upon...

Fiyero13
#1Is it frowned upon...
Posted: 10/28/08 at 6:22pm

To stagedoor and to ask the cast to sign your poster when they have autographed posters already for sale?

I mean a part of it is that a part of stage dooring is meeting the actors to get their signature which is part of the act, and part of it is not paying 100 dollars for a poster Updated On: 10/28/08 at 06:22 PM

springnsummer07
#2re: Is it frowned upon...
Posted: 10/28/08 at 6:39pm

I think it's much more personal when you meet the actors at the stage door and get their autographs. If anything, it's not all about getting autographs...it's about showing the actors your appreciation or interest in their performance. So it's fine to me. :)

jake6970
#2re: Is it frowned upon...
Posted: 10/28/08 at 6:40pm

One time I asked Jose Llana for an autograph after Spelling Bee and he told me they were selling them inside. Just thought I'd share haha.

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#3re: Is it frowned upon...
Posted: 10/28/08 at 6:43pm

That's kind of douchey.

Fiyero13
#4re: Is it frowned upon...
Posted: 10/28/08 at 6:44pm

and I heard he was really sweet...

oohshizz146 Profile Photo
oohshizz146
#6re: Is it frowned upon...
Posted: 10/28/08 at 8:44pm

Its totally fine. I've done it many times before, and actors really appreciate the...appreciation. I'm wordy. =)

"I told you, NO Rodgers and Hammerstein!"- Bart Simpson

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#7re: Is it frowned upon...
Posted: 10/28/08 at 8:52pm

I think it is fine - the posters they sell inside usually include the entire cast, and sometimes you may just want to get it signed by one or two actors.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

DefyGravity777
#7re: Is it frowned upon...
Posted: 10/29/08 at 7:41am

I had gotten one of the signed posters from the BC/EFA and some of the cast members names were missing from it. I took it to SD and had the missing cast members sign it. They had no problem signing it and were trying to figure out why they didn't sign it in the first place.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

bschneid76 Profile Photo
bschneid76
#8re: Is it frowned upon...
Posted: 10/29/08 at 9:26am

When I saw Dame Edna: Back with a Vengeance, they were selling signed posters for $20 and blank posters for $15. I took my chances and got the $15 one and waited 30 minutes for her to exit the stage door, and I got it signed "To Ben, Love Edna". It was lovely!

"Love the Art in Yourself. Not Yourself in the Art." -- Stanislavski

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#9re: Is it frowned upon...
Posted: 10/29/08 at 4:12pm

The impression that I have gotten is that the actors enjoy getting feedback from their performance at the stagedoor and they enjoy talking to the fans and signing right then and there. I remember I was at one show (forgot which one) where there were a few actors who felt that the price for the signed posters was a bit high and they understood why people were waiting to get things signed at the stagedoor.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Videos